Missed Soulstrut Opportunities

The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited May 2013 in Strut Central
Ever had a "Missed Soulstrut Opportunity?"
When I was consulting in Louisville, there was a store called "Puccini's" that was there that I wanted to get a pic of me in front of, but I ran outta time. What's your "Soulstrut Missed Opportunity?"

Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Three years back, driving through France, kids in the back moaning and yakking up every thirty minutes. Through a small town and I see a shop ahead, blue and white lettering in that 70s NASA font: M. MOULIN

I stopped and took a pic, and a week later inadvertently deleted the fucker.

Wmic

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I always wanted to do a Strut in Portland photo essay.

There is a dentist named Dr WU with a nice sign out front in East County, a hair place on MLK called Strut Salon and a bunch of other sites. But I just never get around to it.

I found the great Dr Wu sign on google maps, but don't know how to capture and save.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Didn't get a photo of Rockadelic and Gene Pontecorvo sharing that slice of tenderberry pie a la mode at Hoover's.

2 forks, one plate.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Still mad I never copped one of the Sayer teeshirts.

Plaese to reish

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts
    was going thru a stack of 7"s at a flea market the other day, there was a Leo Sayer single in there. I didn't put it at the front of the stack.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Made sure not to miss this one...

• was at a crappy antique store in Rhode Island circa '06 and found a Leo Sayer that had been graffiti markered with soulstrut.com. i didnt really post that much then and i didnt have a smartphone. i should have just bought it.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    The_Non said:
    When I was consulting in Louisville, there was a store called "Puccini's" that was there that I wanted to get a pic of me in front of, but I ran outta time. What's your "Soulstrut Missed Opportunity?"

I think you meant "Porcini". Its where 2013 NCAA Champion coach Rick Pitino had his 2 minute drill on one of the tables with a crazy woman that made headlines.

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    The_Non said:
    "Puccini's"

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Burns said:
    The_Non said:

I think you meant "Porcini". Its where 2013 NCAA Champion coach Rick Pitino had his 2 minute drill on one of the tables with a crazy woman that made headlines.

I LINE UP IN THE PUCCINI

:hijack:

Happened just now.
    Guy comes in the shop
    "I have been watching Pawn Wars. I inherited the Wiz, 2 records, poster mint, and I am thinking about selling it. I think I should sell it soon because of the 27 billion dollar law suit."
    What?
    "You haven't heard about the Jackson law suit?"
    Ah.
    "I'm thinking of maybe selling it, 2 records, poster, everything, mint. Michael Jackson Diana Ross"
    Those Pawn Wars are not real. When I have it I sell it for about $12.00 mint.
    "1,200?"

Storms out of the shop talking about never doing business with me.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Burns said:
    The_Non said:

It was this place

http://www.puccinissmilingteeth.com/

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    That happy 5 seconds when I was wearing my Soulstrut shirt at a Sade concert and the camera was on me and had me on full screen on stage....

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Made sure not to miss this one...

I just got an email the other day from Amazon saying that someone had marked my review of this album as helpful. My review:

I just rediscovered this album!

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    jjfad027 said:
    Still mad I never copped one of the Sayer teeshirts.

Plaese to reish

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Didn't get a photo of Rockadelic and Gene Pontecorvo sharing that slice of tenderberry pie a la mode at Hoover's.

2 forks, one plate.

I thought I may have had a picture of that but couldn't find it.

HarveyCanal said:

2 forks, one plate.

I thought I may have had a picture of that but couldn't find it.