jeff hanneman -slayer guitarist-RIP

kalakala 3,361 Posts
edited May 2013 in Strut Central
liver failure
age 49
this fucking sucks on many levels.
met dude twice and he was extremely cool.

Comments

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    i just read about this too. sucks that the more you try to pull out of life they shorter it lasts.

'liver failure' pretty much guarantees he did not get ripped off on fun and excitement over the course of those 49.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Holy hell. Didn't he just get over some skin eating disease? Huge Slayer fan. RIP.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,915 Posts
    volumen said:
    Holy hell. Didn't he just get over some skin eating disease? Huge Slayer fan. RIP.

Yeah, that was what caused the liver failure. And he caught that as a result of a spider bite.

Pretty metal way to go, all told. RIP.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    'kin spiders.

Ar kid had a guitar tutor BITD that got bitten by an exotic spider, on the hand. It paralysed his fretting hand but after 2 years he learned to play the other way 'round, on a leftie. The spider was in bed in a London hotel. Came in on someone's luggage.

R.I.P. Jeff - Slayer always good value when I need to get hyper.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    Yeah, that was what caused the liver failure. And he caught that as a result of a spider bite.

The spider bite/necrosis story was a cover. Jeff basically drank himself to death over the years. He destroyed his liver. He was ridiculously close to having his arm amputated because of it. I'm friends with his ex-wife and the whole ordeal really took its toll on her too (they were still married at the time). Any person who relies on a 12-pack and a liter of vodka EVERY DAY has serious problems. I'm sad he passed... but honestly, not surprised.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,915 Posts
    DJBombjack said:
    DocMcCoy said:

The spider bite/necrosis story was a cover. Jeff basically drank himself to death over the years. He destroyed his liver. He was ridiculously close to having his arm amputated because of it. I'm friends with his ex-wife and the whole ordeal really took its toll on her too (they were still married at the time). Any person who relies on a 12-pack and a liter of vodka EVERY DAY has serious problems. I'm sad he passed... but honestly, not surprised.

Oh, wow. That's seriously fucking grim. Sorry for your friend.