maulawi otrotunds previously unreleased album

davidwingatedavidwingate 748 Posts
edited April 2013 in Strut Central
Man, I am listening to the initial transfer of a lost Maulawi album Orotunds that was recorded for Strata Records, Inc. and it is sooo illl it makes me wanna cry lol! It was recorded around the same time as the self-title album that was released on Strata. Really nice covers of Maiden Voyage, Say a Little Prayer, and People Make the World Go Around but the best one on here is an unknown song that sounds like the Headhunters! This recording is a bit rough so it will take some time to clean and master but I am planning on having it ready for the summer! Stay tuned!

photo

Comments

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Yahooooooo! I've been wondeing what you've been up to w/ those masters since you posted about them. Is there other unreleased material on tape?

• Oh yeah, I have access to over thirty unreleased masters and multi tracks for strata. This unreleased maulawi album is one of my favs of the unreleased stuff. Like I said, stay tuned!

• check a quick snippet of the album....

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    That clip is killer. Love the Maulawi album on strata so im pretty excithere's some unreleased material. Love the work you're doing Amir-keep it coming!

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    I said it before but Imma say it again
    Root in 7/4 Plus changed my life

• maru said:
    That clip is killer. Love the Maulawi album on strata so im pretty excithere's some unreleased material. Love the work you're doing Amir-keep it coming!

Thx sir i am just doing what I love!