Audiobook-strut

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited April 2013 in Strut Central
About to take a 20 hour trip to Austin and join Harvey Canal in the fight against lIzARD pEOpLE

LA to Mid-Texas is filled with a lot of non-eventful visual driving stimuli so its all about the good audio listen.

What do the strut feel are some good books to get?

In particular I'm a fan of Denis Johnson, Jerry Stahl, and black history

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Haven't listened to an audio book since John Henry the Steel Driving Man back in like 3rd grade.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    I would load up on the podcasts and go from there man

• read by the man himself

• I've been meaning to start an audio book thread for a minute. I''m keen for some strut recommendations also.

The downfall of most audio books is shitty narration or lack of production values. I often stick to well known authors just because they have better productions. I'm not trying to sit through amateur narrations.

Audio Book Bay is good for torrents, authors below have great productions of their well known works.

Iain M Banks
    James Ellroy
    Chuck Palahniuk
    Brett Easton Ellis
    Stephen King

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    I thoroughly enjoyed the Kite Runner audiobook - read by the author (makes a huge difference).

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Won't embed:

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    I listen to kids/teen audiobooks occasionally for work. If you've got a soft heart, Wonder by RJ Palacio is good in the audiobook. Great if youre a parent. Makes you appreciatr family. The first Hunger Games was kind of great in audio too. Hate me now.

Tina Fey Bossypants had its moments.

The Patty Smith "just kids" audiobook is good, although kind of long and she's kinda dry. It's an enjoyable dry though.

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
    I do a lot of long drives and if your driving by yourself audiobooks are essential.

Some I've really enjoyed

Keith Richards- Autobiography
    L.A Confidential - James Ellroy
    Graham Chapman- A liars autobiography
    Chuck Palahniuk- Fight Club and Choke
    And Party Every Day: The Inside Story Of Casablanca Records

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    When I used to commute I got into the Red Dwarf audiobooks, they were pretty good. The only other one I remember was The Yiddish Policemen's Union, you might like that one. You can get the entire series of A Song of Ice and Fire / Game of Thrones books on audiobook, they'd get you there and maybe back again as well.