Mad Men Season 6

fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
edited April 2013 in Strut Central
SIDEBURNS!!!!!

fist few episodes were on the weak side. kind of creepy to see the aging process take it's toll on pete. you folks watching?

Comments

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    As a show it seems to be meandering somewhat. I used to have the impression it was actually going somewhere but now it just seems like a very stylish soap opera.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    It's always been a soap - just a pretty good one, with incredible set design. I'm curious to see what they do with Pete; his wife hooked him up with his own adultery pad and he messed that arrangement up fast. Pretty sure Don planted the seed of all seeds in the neighbor chic from "Freaks and Geeks."

• The theme of war is prevalent.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    respect to the one crabmongerfunk, and...not to be a nagging Soulstrut housekeeper, but we should really nip this in the bud, dead this thread and just start adding to this one:

http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/51593/

That thread covers all past seasons of the show already and has a ton of good/funny/helpful posts.

It would be good to see us pick that thread up where we left off last season.

Beyond the whole "don't-start-a-thread-about-a-topic-for-which-a-thread-already-exists" pet peeve, I think one of the things that makes (made?) this site so great were the looooong multi-year threads, especially the ones about multi-season TV shows (esp. Wire and Sopranos). There's a certain continuity to the Strut experience that is enshrined in those threads IMO.

Plus it's just wack to have a bunch of competing threads.

Anyone feeling me?

• i forgot about that old thread. makes sense, mods feel free to meld this thread with the older one.