Sound City Studios Documentary

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited March 2013 in Strut Central
Anybody see Dave Grohl's documentary on Sound City Studios?

Rented it on iTunes last night. Highly recommended.

Comments

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    looks great except for lars

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    I'm not sure I've ever seen before a trailer that touts the movie's editor.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts
    james said:
    I'm not sure I've ever seen before a trailer that touts the movie's editor.

ha! dude played his cards right. I mean, if David Grohl is your director, it probably means the editor was doing all the heavy lifting. He probably asked for a writer or co-director credit and got this instead.

• Saw it 2 weeks ago.

It's a really fun movie to watch, but it's basically an excuse for Dave Grohl to get a load of his musician friends in one room and jam.

If the idea of Dave Grohl on drums, Kris Novacellic on bass and Paul McCartney filling in for Kurt Cobain doesn't seem fun to you, this is not the movie for you.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I just finished watching it and was utterly blown away. Highly recommended. So fuckin good.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    nzshadow said:
    I just finished watching it and was utterly blown away. Highly recommended. So fuckin good.

Pretty cool that Monty was the engineer on the Buckingham Nicks album.... The first to christen the famed Neve console.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    RAJ said:

Pretty cool that Monty was the engineer on the Buckingham Nicks album.... The first to christen the famed Neve console.

Wait, WHAT? Wow.

I am still geeking about the movie - it was really, really well shot and I just love a rockumentary. The scene where Ghrol, Reznor and Homme are playing was brilliant - watching them all trying to describe the 'thing' they were chasing. The way Dave Grohl turned into a nervous schoolboy in the presence of McCartney - "Me, sing with you?", killed me.

B/W Rick Springfield FTW