private mind garden beat battle against the world continues

upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
edited April 2013 in Strut Central
this one dedicated to homeboys kala and parallax, also, to big jay jspr, big daddy dresso, skel, big stax, and the rest of the heads responding to that untraceable funk trainwreck of a thread haha, hoping some of u will dig the fuzz on this next edit, peace luv

Comments

• cool track, so thanks for that, but i am one of those who is irked by "secret squirrells" in 2013. just curious (and, of course, it is totally your right to do so, whatever the reason) but what is your rationale for keeping it a secret?

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    dudes....

upski if you dont want to give away our rich euro FUNK cheese, i will
    its from a top of the pops cover lp . its back street luv from curved air.
    its on the blue or green one? or yellow. cant recall.
    this is the red one wich is a slight diferent one.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    This one's dope.

Propers to fejmelba for sharing knowledge!

I remember Skel paying $400+ for some weird uber rare Belgian 5" flexi promo/library thing during the Haiti heatrocks biz a while back, iirc. Dope little record and impossibly rare. Dude posted download links for it shortly thereafter.

Not saying (and not interested) in Upski doing the same, but what's the point of posting up something via youtube, putting YOUR name all over it, then staying mum? What are you trying to prove? I honestly don't get it, and THAT more than the occasionally dubious quality of the sounds posted is what irritates me.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    :hard_as_fuck: That shit knocks :hard_as_fuck:

Thanks for poasting.

And, dudes...don't worry about the secret squirrel. That's actually a track titled "Buzz Saw Hootenanny" by a group named Raspy Buttons and the Grip Grabbers...it's pretty obvious, really. Sorry for giving it away, Upski...

• DanteDante 371 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    what is your rationale for keeping it a secret?

i guess he's waiting for madlib and cut chemist to get in a bidding war for his copy?

b/w

this one's pretty good.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Thanks Upski, feeling that.
    Big fuzz action, very cool indeed.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    fejmelba said:
    dudes....

haha, cool version, yeah cover of curved air, cant front, still though, not from from a top of the pops, at least not from where i grabbed it, but you know those sorta tracks tend to float around on various euro CHEESE comps....

parallax said:
    This one's dope.

I remember Skel paying $400+ for some weird uber rare Belgian 5" flexi promo/library thing during the Haiti heatrocks biz a while back, iirc. Dope little record and impossibly rare. Dude posted download links for it shortly thereafter.

Not saying (and not interested) in Upski doing the same, but what's the point of posting up something via youtube, putting YOUR name all over it, then staying mum? What are you trying to prove? I honestly don't get it, and THAT more than the occasionally dubious quality of the sounds posted is what irritates me.

crabmongerfunk:
    cool track, so thanks for that, but i am one of those who is irked by "secret squirrells" in 2013. just curious (and, of course, it is totally your right to do so, whatever the reason) but what is your rationale for keeping it a secret?

might sound a little bit corny, but my excuse would be to inspire cats to real-dig as opposed to e-dig, im from a generation where we didnt have the google diggin tool, by posting something that i found during hard spent hours in the field, im saying this one is out there, it exists, if you want it, get off your ass, turn off the computer, go find it, like i found it, and you might find a whole lot of other great stuff too which no ones ever heard about, nothing is really raer once its exposed on the net, so keeping it a little bit oldschool mystical by keeping it under the wraps

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    upskiboo said:
    fejmelba said:
    dudes....

haha, cool version, yeah cover of curved air, cant front, still though, not from from a top of the pops, at least not from where i grabbed it, but you know those sorta tracks tend to float around on various euro CHEESE comps....

i dont mind if you secret squirel yours. its the same reason why i dont give tracklists to mixtapes.
    and the times i did tell what it was, this dude was playin the mp3 the week after at his party. being all "look at me playin obscure shit "
    btw my mate bas plays what i believe is the same track on one of our mixtapes. check it... it kicks in at 20.37.

upskiboo said:
    parallax said:
    This one's dope.

crabmongerfunk:
    cool track, so thanks for that, but i am one of those who is irked by "secret squirrells" in 2013. just curious (and, of course, it is totally your right to do so, whatever the reason) but what is your rationale for keeping it a secret?

might sound a little bit corny, but my excuse would be to inspire cats to real-dig as opposed to e-dig, im from a generation where we didnt have the google diggin tool, by posting something that i found during hard spent hours in the field, im saying this one is out there, it exists, if you want it, get off your ass, turn off the computer, go find it, like i found it, and you might find a whole lot of other great stuff too which no ones ever heard about, nothing is really raer once its exposed on the net, so keeping it a little bit oldschool mystical by keeping it under the wraps

So, you're from "a generation that didn't have the google diggin tool"? And you're keeping it all a secret for OUR benefit? So that we, the young kids with the google machines, may be inspired to go to the local record shops to search out dusty schlager, stone cold polka 45's and whatnot for braekz?

Wow.

So I assume you've never bought/sold a single record on Ebay, Discogs, SS set sales, etc, then? Ever?! That's impressive.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    i am one of those who is irked by "secret squirrells" in 2013

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Jspr said:
    I say do you. Euroman has spoken.

^^^^^
    This

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    skel said:
    Jspr said:
    I say do you. Euroman has spoken.

^^^^^
    This

I'm not even certain what the meaning/emphasis of the first part is, but agree wholeheartedly with the second bit :cheese:

• this is great, and keeping it a secret is fine. a short while ago it would have been this process:
    1. somebody would play this out - in private, on a mix, in a club
    2. no one would know what it was, and probably never hear it again

now we get a step 3:
    3. we can listen to it over and over again on youtube as much as we like, and complain that we don't have enough information to purchase the record on ebay and listen to it over and over again on vinyl instead

as somebody who is not on an ultra serious quest to obtain every good song ever recorded, that doesn't bother me.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Jspr said:
    I say do you. Euroman has spoken

I honestly don't give a shit if dude keeps his mostly tepid (and sometimes awful) posts secret. Whatevs.

Yes, do you, Euroman. Do you. Go on and continue to claim those Zykedelik beatz as yours.

But please don't act like it's done for some benevolent purpose.

• OKkkkaaaay Parrallax we get it...

Starting a thread posting about personal beefs and trademark nonsense for the peanut gallery to see ..... = cool

Secret Squirreling beats that you don't care about anyway = uncool

now just shut the hell up

parallax said:
    upskiboo said:
    parallax said:
    This one's dope.

crabmongerfunk:

So, you're from "a generation that didn't have the google diggin tool"? And you're keeping it all a secret for OUR benefit? So that we, the young kids with the google machines, may be inspired to go to the local record shops to search out dusty schlager, stone cold polka 45's and whatnot for braekz?

Wow.

So I assume you've never bought/sold a single record on Ebay, Discogs, SS set sales, etc, then? Ever?! That's impressive.

on average 200 lps monthly, past year or so off line, so yeah, i do sell records

swissbeatz said:
    OKkkkaaaay Parrallax we get it...

Starting a thread posting about personal beefs and trademark nonsense for the peanut gallery to see ..... = cool

Secret Squirreling beats that you don't care about anyway = uncool

now just shut the hell up

OKkkkaaaay, Euroman SwizzzBeatzzz

• Why are you so angry and aggressive?

• Doing things so kindly for so many years in a kind manner catches up with ya
    glass hath tippeth.

SensiRider said:
    Why are you so angry and aggressive?

I'm glad you asked, and I don't say that sarcastically.

I asked myself the same question just now.

I'm being a huge asshole. I make no excuses but will say I'm dealing with a bit of work-related stress atm, and very maturely in the real world, but venting like a fucking asshat on SS.

I apologize to all.

Gonna hang back and lurk for a while, or keep it strictly music-r if I do post/reply.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Secrets are for housewives and little girls.