Flea Market Thread > Anyone ever been to Roger's in Ohio?

downtownrobbrowndowntownrobbrown 446 Posts
edited March 2013 in Strut Central
I'm going 4/12. If you have been there what's the record scene like there?

I also enjoyed the flea market at Harper's Valley West Virginia.

Comments

• GatorToofGatorToof 582 Posts
    Guessing you are from KY.

I haven't been to Roger's and I don't go to fleas very frequently, however; I always enjoy them when it is convenient.

There is one in Russell, KY on highway 23 called the Hillbilly Flea Market with boocoo country 45's. North of Sacramento, in Roseville, is Denio's. There usedto be a lot of livestock and train equipment auctioning at Denio's. There is a small flea market in Stuart, FL on highway 1 (I think), where a video game console dealer is sitting in some major gravey. Except the records are in his garage so you have to make a special arrangement.

Once I was threatened to be bumped on the head with a hammer for $5 at a flea.

• I'm a Pittsburgh poster.

• GatorToofGatorToof 582 Posts
    downtownrobbrown said:
    I'm a Pittsburgh poster.

Pardon me, kinda close though.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    I have been a Rogers a few times don't expect much and if you are making a trip with only Rogers in mind for records
    I wouldn't do it.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    went to Rogers maaaaany years ago, and found it mostly dried up for records unfortunately. might have changed since.
    collected a great story from a dude who sold mops though. "You should really get this mop, I'm just trying to make your life better with it".

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Is this the one off of 80 near the border of PA?

I had one of my best "12 inch" scores there around 2003... Lots of white labels, Death Mix, etc.

I went back a few years later and it was pretty dry.

• I'm just going for the experience.

I've heard a rumor of a big blue bus full on vinyl.

• HumanacatHumanacat 177 Posts
    Rogers is a fun flea market. Very large on warm days. There are plenty of people that bring records but also a much higher ratio of people looking for them. Weather is key so if it is looking shitty before you head out don't waste the trip. I usually hit some other spots like the two record stores in Kent Ohio or slide into Columbus to hit some stores. There are plenty of thrift stores and junk stores around Youngstown as well.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    1 record store in Kent...Spin More Closed....its s new shop in Akron worth checking