Your Trip Out Songs/Albums

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited March 2013 in Strut Central
What has historically been your go-to music to enhance your trips?

Back in high school when we would routinely go pick grocery bags full of fresh magic mushrooms down in Houston, we'd often throw this on...

As well as heavy doses of these 2 albums...

Now, what says you?

Comments

• "...and don't forget to tell your mom: SATAN! SATAN! SATAN!"

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    SLEEP - Dopesmoker

• CastenedaCasteneda 100 Posts
    I haven't touched any kind of drug in about 15 years, but back in college, I definitely had some go-to albums while doing drugs.

Weed: Definitely Can "Tago Mago". We'd listen to that second half of the album and bake all night.

'Shrooms: Portishead "S/T". I remember popping some mushrooms out in the woods in Oregon, and I felt the trees closing in on me.

Acid: My Bloody Valentine "Loveless". That was a staple album for weed as well.

And I actually listened to this album from beginning to end one night while on it Ecstasy:
    Attached files

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts
    DustedDon said:
    SLEEP - Dopesmoker

b/w

the only times I've eaten mushrooms there was no music involved, but those would be my soundtrack of choice.

Paebiru made for a beautiful stoned drive thru the Berkshires in late winter/early spring, when there was still a lot of snow on the ground but the ice was starting to melt.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    on the "oh-so-obvious" trip

on the soulful trip

on the gothic college rock trip

on the pleasant trip

• toby.dtoby.d 254 Posts

Another vote for Their Satanic Majesties Second Request here too - could add lots of other BJM albums.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Goddamn I used to do alot of drugs. A sample from the crates at that time:

litsened to this one tonight, probably sober for the first time, it's held it's own:

^ I think this ones better fucked outta ones skull but it's still great: "that thing in the cellar is NOT my mother..."

• DJ Swingsett "Sunrunners" Mix

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts

we would literally sit around banging on stuff "in rhythm" to this, front to back, over and over.

• First few albums that popped into my mind.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Me and friends watched Ren & Stimpy every week on acid (for a whole season I think - Space Madness episode was particularly crazy). After the show we'd then go on a yomp. And then get up and go to school in the morning frazzled as f*ck. For me mood music was more for post-club post-E comedown sessions, and on acid music was incidental. Certainly would be listening to something waiting to come-up, but once we were there, fuck knows what was happening.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    One of favourite tracks to play when coming down (especially to mates who hadnt heard it before) was the 20+min live version of Angel Dust that Gil Scott Heron does on the Amnesia dlp. That shit wasnt a song but a journey.

Rodriguez Cold Fact used to get heavy spins as well especially during sessions.

This thread reminded me of crazy small house parties I used to have on the reg and having drug fucked mates coming up to me and my man R Type while we were spinning tunes asking for some random record from my collection that I played them eaons ago, usually described incoherantly. I used tell them 'if you can find it in the crates ill play it' and dudes would come back with 30 records they exvitedly eanted to hear...sometimes all at once :

)

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• CastenedaCasteneda 100 Posts
    DustedDon said:

I second that Gandalf album, and in terms of films, definitely second the Jodorowsky--both El Topo and Holy Mountain were films I watched a few times under the influence. Also, this film is great as well, under the influence--very colorful, and the cinematography is incredible.
    Attached files

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    co-sine on The Orb

This got a lot of fucked up listens

• Divine Styler-Word Power
    Del- 1st album
    People's Instinctive Travels

Also, Watching Yo! MTV Raps on Saturday night with Fab 5.
    Attached files

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

- spidey