Mid-90's Latina Hip Hop Soul Artist ID?

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited March 2013 in Strut Central
Im looking for a sister that had a minor hit in the mid/late-90s.

It was like some Latina Mary J. Blige type shit. "Hip Hop Soul". Kinda like that girl who had that club banger w/ the Biggie cameo.

It was played alot on Video Music Box and might not have been an all-country banger.

A couple of years later she was working at La Linea where I spun. This was like 2000.

The song was like 96-98 if im not mistaken. Shorty was extra fine.

Comments

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    are you thinking of Jennifer Lopez? From the description it sounds like Jennifer Lopez. Let me know if it's not Jennifer Lopez you're thinking of.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    are you thinking of Jennifer Lopez? From the description it sounds like Jennifer Lopez. Let me know if it's not Jennifer Lopez you're thinking of.

Nope. This girl had light brown hair.

Jennifer Lopez woulda seen Enough of the Anaconda if she was my bartender in 2000.
    After I ran a Money Train on her ass she woulda been Out Of Sight or locked up in The Cell.

batmon said:
    ppadilha said:

Jennifer Lopez woulda seen Enough of the Anaconda if she was my bartender in 2000.
    After I ran a Money Train on her ass she woulda been Out Of Sight or locked up in The Cell.

I think if she read what you just wrote she would've made a U Turn before you could get Gigli with it.

ppadilha said:
    batmon said:
    ppadilha said:

I think if she read what you just wrote she would've made a U Turn before you could get Gigli with it.

Aint It Funny.

• matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts
    Lisette Melendez? Had that Greg Nice cameo on one of her songs?

Found it. My bartender friend remembered her name.

Veronica

kinda wack

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    batmon said:

kinda wack

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Going HAM on that TLC creep video treatment.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    No me gusta sus codos