File under "Worst Ideas Evarr" (Biggie-R)

JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
edited March 2013 in Strut Central
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2013/mar/13/notorious-big-animated-series?INTCMP=ILCNETTXT3487
Notorious BIG's children are bringing him back as a cartoon ghost. CJ and T'yanna Wallace have announced plans for an animated series about their departed father and his Brooklyn recording studio.

"It's been 16 years since our dad was murdered and we miss him dearly," the Wallaces said. "This project ??? is a great opportunity for us to bridge the gap between our parents, who loved his music, and the kids and young adults our ages, that were not around to really appreciate it."

Titled House of Wallace, the series will follow the animated adventures of 16-year-old CJ and 19-year-old T'yanna, with guest appearances by real-life musical stars. An "ethereal" version of Biggie will materialise to give advice to his kids ??? and although CJ and T'yanna will play themselves, it's not clear who will be doing the Big Poppa impersonation.

For Ossian Studios, the production company, the show's biggest innovation is the way it will incorporate product placement. The main storyline traces the Wallaces' efforts to "re-energise" their father's studio and thwart an attempt to turn it into a "cookie-cutter 'entertainment factory'". But part of the heroes' strategy involves using the studio to record commercial jingles.

"Some of the world's greatest talents [will] lend their voices and abilities to some of the world's best-known brand names," said a press release. Ossian's president, Wally Eltawashy, declared that House of Wallace's "creative format will allow for advertising integration in the truest, purest sense of the term. This could well be the very first animated programme to incorporate creative shops (and their brand partners) directly into the narrative."

Depending on how you feel about corporate synergy, you may not want to read the rest of this paragraph. The show's creators boast that in addition to "original songs from guest stars", House of Wallace will feature "reimagined renditions of classics from [Notorious BIG's] catalogue". Maybe Nasty Girl will become a song about Sainsbury's.

Still, a lot of changes may take place between now and House of Wallace's premiere. Ossian are merely "in discussion" with TV networks, and they have not yet begun production.

Notorious BIG, one of the greatest rappers of all time, was murdered in a 1997 shooting. He was 24.

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    I had to keep checking it wasn't April 1st.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    "Never get high on your own supply"

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    An "ethereal" version of Biggie will materialise to give advice to his kids ??? and although CJ and T'yanna will play themselves, it's not clear who will be doing the Big Poppa impersonation.

Them Life of Pi cats is looking for work.

"#4080 - MUST NOT LOOK LIKE A BED-STUY-TAKE ON MR. STAY PUFT."

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Wonder if they ever heard the Popper/Serafinowicz Radio Spirit World where Biggie briefly pops up to rock da mic in the afterlife?

Guest Appearance by Hologram Tupac

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Kids just tryna eat albeit piggybacking off of their dead fathers back

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    No chance a show like this ever gets made. If someone can convince either of, or both of the kids to go in the studio to cut some tracks, money will be made, at least in the short run.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Another bad idea
    http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowandact/dyn-o-mite-sony-pictures-is-developing-a-feature-film-based-on-good-times

Sony Pictures and producer Scott Rudin will turn the groundbreaking ???70s sitcom Good Times into a feature film. They???ve set a writer, Phil Johnston, whose most recent credits include Wreck-It Ralph and Cedar Rapids. Rudin will produce the family comedy with Eli Bush. While Rudin is selective about the remakes with which he becomes involved ??? Manchurian Candidate, Shaft and Sabrina ??? I think this has a lot of potential [...] The movie will be set in the 1960s, which gives Johnston a rich and politically charged period to mine. William Bannister, Michael Daniels and Neville Moguel will be associate producers and Eric Monte, Tammie Evans and Carlena Harris will be executive producers.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Another bad idea
    http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowandact/dyn-o-mite-sony-pictures-is-developing-a-feature-film-based-on-good-times

Sony Pictures and producer Scott Rudin will turn the groundbreaking ???70s sitcom Good Times into a feature film. They???ve set a writer, Phil Johnston, whose most recent credits include Wreck-It Ralph and Cedar Rapids. Rudin will produce the family comedy with Eli Bush. While Rudin is selective about the remakes with which he becomes involved ??? Manchurian Candidate, Shaft and Sabrina ??? I think this has a lot of potential [...] The movie will be set in the 1960s, which gives Johnston a rich and politically charged period to mine. William Bannister, Michael Daniels and Neville Moguel will be associate producers and Eric Monte, Tammie Evans and Carlena Harris will be executive producers.
    This sounds like it will be certifiable trash.

Latte Pas

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    batmon said:
    Latte Pas

On Biggie or Florida Evans?

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    i saw biggie earbuds in duane reade last night

HARSH

also if they do a cartoon can they make these lyrics into an episode?

When I get dusted, I like to spread the blood like mustard
    Trust it, my hardcore rain leaves you rusted
    Move over Lucifer, I'm more ruthless, huh
    Leave your toothless, you'll kibbitz, I'll flip it
    Tears don't affect me, I hit 'em with the tech G
    Disrespect me - my potency is deadly
    I'm shootin babies, no ifs ands or maybes
    Hit mummy in the tummy if the hooker plays a dummy
    Slit the wrist of little sis
    After she sucked the dick, I stabbed her brother with the icepick
    because he wanted me to fuck him from the back
    but Smalls don't get down like that
    Got your father hidin in a room; fucked him with the broom
    Slit him down the back and threw salt in the wound
    Who you think you're dealin with?
    Anybody step into my path is fuckin feelin it!
    Hardcore, I got it sucked like a pussy
    Stab ya til you're gushy, so please don't push.. me
    I'm using rubbers so they won't trace the semen
    The black demon, got the little hookers screamin
    Because you know I love it young, fresh and green
    with no hair in between, know what I mean?

Guzzo said:
    batmon said:
    Latte Pas

On Biggie or Florida Evans?

Janet Jackson

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I bet you guys would be excited for this if you were still kids. Then 20 years from now you'd be ordering the DVD set and maybe some old action figures off of eBay.

Adulthood takes the fun out of everything.

Herm said:
    I bet you guys would be excited for this if you were still kids. Then 20 years from now you'd be ordering the DVD set and maybe some old action figures off of eBay.

Do u like everything? Do u not have any standards or parameters?

Is Ready To Die a kids friendly concept?

I bet this isnt even their idea to have a cartoon ghost hang around the studio on some Mrs. Muir shit.

I can see this from the Will Smith or MC Hammer camp, but to sell your father as some after-life teacher to a generation who doesnt even listen to him is some questionable shit.

If your kid asked you to hear Biggie after watching the cartoon what would u do?
    "Oh see what had happened was is that Chris is their father, but this album here has him fucking Lil Kim and feeding burglars to dogs"

Really?

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Herm said:

If we were still kids we wouldn't be allowed to watch this unless our parents were busy cooking meth.

But yes, let us return to the youthful joy of killing people with ice picks, shooting pregnant whores, and sodomizing adult men with broomsticks.

batmon said:

If I don't like something I try not to speak on it. Or at the very least I try not to waste too much breath explaining why I don't like what I don't like. Positive over negative.

batmon said:

Nope. Not in the slightest.

batmon said:
    If your kid asked you to hear Biggie after watching the cartoon what would u do?
    "Oh see what had happened was is that Chris is their father, but this album here has him fucking Lil Kim and feeding burglars to dogs"

Really?

I used to watch and laugh at Hulk Hogan's Rock & Wrestling then watch the real life version of those dudes beat the sh*t out of each other. (I think at 10 years old I still thought wrestling was real.) You guys realize that kids these days look up to dudes like Jay-Z, 2 Chainz and Tyler, The Creator, right? ("He's funny and I like how he dresses!" - my niece and her friends)

Regardless, I bet foul ass role models will have nothing to with this cartoon. IF this happens and if it is indeed a kid's cartoon and not some cute-little-cartoon-characters-saying-some-foul-despicable-and-borderline-racist Adult Swim type shit, then I'm willing to bet that Biggie will be the jolliest little fat ghost you've ever seen, so far removed from the way we know him. And parents will turn up "Juicy" when it comes on the radio on some ol' Back In The Day Buffet shit and be like "That's the cartoon ghost you're always watching!"

Herm said:
    batmon said:

If I don't like something I try not to speak on it. Or at the very least I try not to waste too much breath explaining why I don't like what I don't like. Positive over negative.

batmon said:

Nope. Not in the slightest.

batmon said:

Really?

I used to watch and laugh at Hulk Hogan's Rock & Wrestling then watch the real life version of those dudes beat the sh*t out of each other. (I think at 10 years old I still thought wrestling was real.) You guys realize that kids these days look up to dudes like Jay-Z, 2 Chainz and Tyler, The Creator, right? ("He's funny and I like how he dresses!" - my niece and her friends)

Regardless, I bet foul ass role models will have nothing to with this cartoon. IF this happens and if it is indeed a kid's cartoon and not some cute-little-cartoon-characters-saying-some-foul-despicable-and-borderline-racist Adult Swim type shit, then I'm willing to bet that Biggie will be the jolliest little fat ghost you've ever seen, so far removed from the way we know him. And parents will turn up "Juicy" when it comes on the radio on some ol' Back In The Day Buffet shit and be like "That's the cartoon ghost you're always watching!"

I think I'd be more prepared for a Biggie the Friendly Ghost if there was some gradual change in his image.
    Master P, LL, Will, Cube/ Latifah and them played the acting game so shit kinda went down smoother than this situation.