edited March 2013 in Strut Central
The homie Asprin put me up on this LP:

What's the Strut think?

Comments

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

• I can get down to this

:feelin_it:

• bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts
    Looking forward to seeing them live in May. Nice lp.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    I ordered a few copies for my library system. Didn't strike me as something that would get the strut approval, so it's interesting to see this thread. I liked what I heard.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    I like rock that sounds like this. Thanks for the heads up.

Kindly,
    parallax

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    Didn't strike me as something that would get the strut approval, so it's interesting to see this thread. I liked what I heard.

I'm curious as to why you would say that. These days it seems like there's all types of music gettin' shared and loved on here these days. Seems like people are more open-minded these days too. I love it.

Thanks for sharing, Tom!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Herm said:
    Controller_7 said:
    Didn't strike me as something that would get the strut approval, so it's interesting to see this thread. I liked what I heard.

I'm curious as to why you would say that. These days it seems like there's all types of music gettin' shared and loved on here these days. Seems like people are more open-minded these days too. I love it.

Thanks for sharing, Tom!

Sheeeeit... that first track is like t-rex meets daptone. whats not to like?

I think the first few songs I heard had somewhat of a looped breaks with dudes playing on top feel. That can be good or terribly bad. I just listened to a few more songs and that doesn't seem to be the case.

I guess there just seemed to be a very hip feel to it and I am so used to the Strut laying the smack down on things like that.

And the band name seems like an automatic Strut snarkyness inducer.

• Really likin the vocals. great production too. thumbs up!

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    How could the strut not like that throwback 60's sound on cuts like Thought Ballune? Actually I really don't really know what the strut would be into or not anymore these days. I try not concern myself with shit like that. I just know what I like & I like this band.

Big up to Ruban Neilson for hooking me up with a copy of II a couple of weeks ago. Good dude.

Monki is my favorite cut on the new album. Even though the bass line jumps into the Red hot Chili Pepper's "Under the Bridge" at some point.

- Diego

• coolchriscoolchris 301 Posts
    I'm with it. Thanks for posting Doc.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    They have some good riffs and melodies. They're like un-Tame Impala.

• leftrightleftright 101 Posts
    love UMO. their newest album is probably one of my faves from this year. not a bad song on there

their first album isn't too bad either and i always seems to get this song from that stuck in my head weekly...

also the dude from UMO's brother (they were both in Mint Chicks) has a band called Opossom. not as good but they seem to have potential. sounds a little like a Beck rip-off to me though...