I can't post to the Mardi Gras Bells thread, so...

13»

Comments

• spcspc 534 Posts
    Boing!

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    The April Fool's angle is a nice touch.

• djtopcatdjtopcat Seattle WA The 206 312 Posts
    I can't believe people fell for this hoax!
    Biz totally had a lot of peeps fooled. There is no "no cow bell" version of the song, and even though Bob James is getting up in age and his memory is shaky he said "There would be no reason whatsoever to have a version without the intro bells"

I made a "bell-less" version in less than a minute using some basic stereo imaging software and Sony Acid.
    The bells are all in the left channel. Very easy to isolate.
    Here's the bells and no bells instrumental edits I made with ease... enjoy!

http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/83275630/file.html
    http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/2574595/file.html

• djtopcatdjtopcat Seattle WA The 206 312 Posts
    heres the issue:

Dude there is no issue at all! Bob James has said in numerous interviews that no one but himself has access to his CTI multitrack sessions! He baked and digitally transferred all his master recordings himself in HIS OWN STUDIO years ago.
    There is no magical 12" with no bells, just those intended joke pressings with backwards bells he's mentioned a few times.

The cow bells are all in the upper left channel in the song. That is irrefutable fact. If you spend enough time with some decent stereo image editing apps you can mute them out and leave a very crisp remainder of the track. This is how it was done! As a studio engineer myself I think I know what that would sound like.
    You guys act like famous hip hop artists and producers word is bond on everything they say and are incapable of fudging the truth for whatever reason. Publicity,practical joke etc... Come on use some common sense! Lol

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Dude, that's just what they want us to think.

This is just more proof that there's a bell-less version out there. Your're merely spreading disinformation. DJ Topcat. Pfft. Could've thought of a convincing alias.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Dude, that's just what they want us to think.

This is just more proof that there's a bell-less version out there. Your're merely spreading disinformation. DJ Topcat. Pfft. Could've thought of a convincing alias.

I don't think you understand. Biz had all you fooled. He came here 10 years after it was first discussed on this board to show you all how easy it was to do. Take notices suckers.

I'm not even gonna get into how I fell how for a Vibraphoneless Running Away on ebay and paids $998 and all I got was some dub plate with only the left channel.