TAKE THAT SHIT TO BUSTED-ASS AMERICAN REDNECK.COM

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited March 2013 in Strut Central
This is where any WWF talk needs to go...

Comments

• PattrickPattrick 57 Posts
    How could one post Youtube clips on this site?

If I had the necessary skill for such an endeavour then I would certainly post the clip entitled YouTube Gold: Kendo Nagasaki vs. Jimmy Greaves or a classic 70s bout featuring Jackie Pallo from Widnes Leisure Centre.

Sadly, genuine wrestling with sweat and Boston Crabs ended in the UK in the early 80s.

God bless Kent Walton.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Being a Widnes lad myself, I believe the Kingsway Leisure Centre wasn't opened until the 80s. We did have a public baths in the 70s but they kept closing it because bits of the concrete ceiling kept falling into the pool.

Back on topic: To nearest ton, how many steroids has The Rock done of late?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    BITD I used to live in Rotherhithe New Road, next door to the one Mick McManus.
    FACT.

I stand corrected on Widnes. Clearly no room here for dropping half- baked cut n' pasted Real Wrestling knowledge. Jimster Fixed It and on that note was Mr Saville of gravestone removed infamy really a grappler? Mentioned everywhere but I've never seen pictorial evidence.

I had a neighbour who would cut short his family holiday by a day every single year because he wanted to get home by 4pm on Saturday afternoon to see the wrestling. Even as an 8yo I thought that was painfully inconsiderate and selfish.

Never knew Mick McManus was a Rotherhithe resident? Guessing he was a proper family bloke and quietly spoken away from being battered every Saturday afternoon by enraged pensioners. Or was he their favourite? Can't remember. I knew Adrian Street's son but never met the Glam Blonde himself.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    I asked my dad last night about what was rilly rill with the Widnes wrestling and apparently it all went down at the Queen's Hall. It's a place I knew well, having seen x amount of gigs there and earlier in life, epic Model Railway exhibitions. I also had the fortune to perform there for the St. Basils Junior Road Safety Team in 1975. Just found this, having left town a while back.

AN ICONIC building which has played host to some of music???s most legendary bands in music history looks likely to be demolished.

Halton Council has drawn up plans to have Queen???s Hall on Victoria Road bulldozed due to health and safety, and the cost of keeping it boarded up.

Originally built as a Wesleyan Methodist church in the 1870s, the building ??? which closed in 2004 ??? famously played host to The Beatles who staged four gigs there in 1962, and has also hosted iconic ???Madchester??? bands including Inspiral Carpets, Happy Mondays and the Stone Roses ??? who played to an audience of only 400 people there on May 5, 1989.

Its stage has also been home to the likes of musician Julian Cope, comedian Johnny Vegas and actress Jenny Seagrove, while its dances also proved popular.

Widnes-born promoter Dave Pichilingi, director of Liverpool Sound City and a lecturer at Paul McCartney???s Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts, cut his teeth in the industry promoting bands at the venue between 1981-1990.
    He said: ???In its hey-day we had the likes of Happy Mondays, Inspiral Carpets and Frank Sidebottom there ??? God rest his soul.

???My old fella was a painter and decorator. He was working there for Widnes Town Council and remembered telling Ringo Starr to move his kit or he???d get paint on it!???

He said: ???People used to love playing there. It was a great venue to play, a great stage and the audience produced a great sound.

???It wasn???t just the big bands, we could fill that venue with local bands, Christmas parties and family events and get 1,000 people in there. It was an important community venue.???

He said: ???It is sad but a lot of these great municipal buildings are going and I think in 10 years a lot of people will regret it.???

The council???s executive board is expected to approve the demolition when it meets next Friday.

It's a small world, 2 mates have DJ'd on nights Dave Pichilingi used to promote. He went to the same school as me. Good lad IIRC

The best gig there was a Battle of The Bands thing from about '92, my brother's mates were in a metal band and one lad had taken to calling himself "Inject" (in the mould of Slash - though obviously, the lad himself didn't even smoke).

He liked stand back-to-back with the other band members and pretend to be saying something profoundly Rawk while he was peeling off a starshower; it was all just a pose for him, his lips were moving but there were nowt coming out.

I could tell you about my mum always having lunch with the Beatles but we're already off-topic.

I want to talk about the one LITTLE PRINCE. Surely the hairiest man without a medical condition. I would be in no hurry to grapple that. FFS.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:

Catweazle. I would be in no hurry to grapple that. FFS.

:-S

J i m s t e r said:
    I want to talk about the one LITTLE PRINCE. Surely the hairiest man without a medical condition. I would be in no hurry to grapple that. FFS.

'More fur-on-fur grapplers please.'
    http://www.wrestlingarsenal.net/wordpress/?paged=53

Truly horrendous and I don't recall the hirsute little chap at all.

Is there a guide on this site anywhere about how to post videos / add links etc?

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts
    I would like to thank this thread for introducing me to Catweazle and this dude:

my nightmares will never be the same.

also, I know it's a cliche to joke about the homoeroticism of wresting, but c'mon!