Prince went all WWF Honky Tonk Man on The ROOTS guitar

Comments

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Purple Triple.

• Bon Vivant said:
    crabmongerfunk said:
    even if he pays for it, i still say thats a really obnoxious and entitled thing for him to do. then again, he does call himself "prince" so maybe he figures he's not bound by the ordinary rules of courtesy and respect that typically go hand-in-hand with borrowing something of personal value from another.

Ummm, he doesn't "call himself" Prince, It's the name his parents gave him.

The hate is strong with you.

thanks for the fact-check and your utterly unneccessary and banal personal attack. not sure how it's "hate" to express a view that i think its a fucking obnoxious thing to borrow something valuable from another person and intentionally smash it but its great to know that my posts continue to get a rise out of you, perry mason.

• Horseleech said:
    FWIW, this is a 3-4K guitar. Kirk doesn't actually own that many guitars, he just has a few that he really loves.

Now it's worth $10K, unrestored.

That's how Prince do.

• this was pretty dick too...don't lend this guy your stuff:

Prince recently upset his landlord, NBA star Carlos Boozer, by allegedly turning a $11.9 million rental property into a purple fantasyland.

Boozer, who is renting a West Hollywood home to the musician for $70,000 a month, sued Prince in January, alleging that the singer painted the title of his new album, 3121, and his "prince" symbol onto the exterior of the house, according to papers obtained by the Smoking Gun Web site.

The suit also alleged that Prince had purple stripes painted on the house and installed a purple monogrammed carpet in the master bedroom.

Lawyers for Prince countered the suit with proof that Boozer had collected his rent without complaint, and the lawsuit was dismissed in February ??? though the Smoking Gun says Boozer can file again on the same grounds.

Reps for Prince had no comment. His lease reportedly ends May 31.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Prince is just mad that he's playing the 12:30 slot and not on Leno or Letterman.

"I wanted 11:30! Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh" guitar goes flying.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    FWIW, this is a 3-4K guitar. Kirk doesn't actually own that many guitars, he just has a few that he really loves.

Personally I wouldn't care if it was Prince or some anonymous bozo who broke my guitar, I would only care that they pay for it. Kirk plays with famous people every week, I really doubt he's all googly eyed and honored that it was Prince that fucked it up.

I think he specifically loaned it to him because he wanted to say Prince played it. You seriously think he just loans his guitars to anybody?

If I loaned a guitar to Prince I would expect it to come back:
    A. Broken
    B. Covered in body fluids
    C. Broken by body fluids

Don't loan anyone anything ever if you can't live with out or are going to act surprised when it's damaged. I agree Prince should pay for the damage, but that fact that he broke it is just life.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    volumen said:
    Horseleech said:

Personally I wouldn't care if it was Prince or some anonymous bozo who broke my guitar, I would only care that they pay for it. Kirk plays with famous people every week, I really doubt he's all googly eyed and honored that it was Prince that fucked it up.

I think he specifically loaned it to him because he wanted to say Prince played it. You seriously think he just loans his guitars to anybody?

A. Broken
    C. Broken by body fluids

Don't loan anyone anything ever if you can't live with out or are going to act surprised when it's damaged. I agree Prince should pay for the damage, but that fact that he broke it is just life.

Soooo.....

If you lend something to somebody you should expect them to destroy it?

Sorry, but Prince isn't exactly known as some on-the-edge wild man. He still has all the classic guitars he has been known for.

I've lent my bass out to people plenty of times, people a lot 'wilder' than Prince - none of the things you described has happened.

Horseleech said:
    volumen said:
    Horseleech said:

A. Broken
    C. Broken by body fluids

Soooo.....

If you lend something to somebody you should expect them to destroy it?

Sorry, but Prince isn't exactly known as some on-the-edge wild man. He still has all the classic guitars he has been known for.

I've lent my bass out to people plenty of times, people a lot 'wilder' than Prince - none of the things you described has happened.

He's a total recluse, Jehovah Witness, who believes in chem-trails, expected the whole world to refer to him a glyph, and remolded a rental with purple stripes and number on the exterior of the house. So yea, he's a little over the edge.

I agree that people should take care of things they borrow and pay for damage, but that's not life. The thing about rich weird people is that they can buy their way out of anything, so they do unexpected weird things. 4k is a royalty check from Doves Cry the single for Prince. I'm sure Kirk wouldn't loan me a guitar. And I'm trustworthy and pay my way. He loaned Prince a guitar so he could say Prince played it and it went south. Big deal, sue Prince and enjoy the story. Rock stars have been destroying guitars for a long time. This is only a story because it wasn't his.

• leonleon 883 Posts
    asstro said:
    If you look at the footage it looks like he was trying to toss the guitar to someone offstage and didn't take into account that he didn't have enough cable to reach. I doubt he was actually trying to damage the guy's 50 year old Gibson. Sucks for Kirk though.
    Agreed. I think that he actually had forgotten that the thing even HAD a cable, as he's playing without since early eighties. Furthermore i seem to recall he tossed his guitar to a help before at the end of a performance.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    He does the guitar throw all of the time. Watch the performance from the Rock N Roll HOF induction, at the end of the song he just tosses it straight up in the air! The first time I saw that one I was waiting for it to come down and bonk Tom Petty on the dome, that would have been great.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Good god, "it would have been great if Prince had assaulted Tom Petty with a blunt object"..,"I would be proud to have Prince to destroy my shit, because he is, you know, Prince!"

Y'all are fucking idiots.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I wasn't thinking assault, I was thinking Looney Tunes. Lighten up.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Has poster of Hendrix burning his guitar at Monterey up in his room. Gets mad when you drop his guitar.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    Feelin the wrestling references in this thread.

Rest in Peace William Moody / Paul Bearer. Thank you for all the entertainment.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Good god, "it would have been great if Prince had assaulted Tom Petty with a blunt object"..,"I would be proud to have Prince to destroy my shit, because he is, you know, Prince!"

Y'all are fucking idiots.

I'd be willing to bet that this guitar will triple in value regardless of the glued headstock when Prince passes.

Legend smashed my guitar (video evidence included)

crabmongerfunk said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    crabmongerfunk said:
    even if he pays for it, i still say thats a really obnoxious and entitled thing for him to do. then again, he does call himself "prince" so maybe he figures he's not bound by the ordinary rules of courtesy and respect that typically go hand-in-hand with borrowing something of personal value from another.

thanks for the fact-check and your utterly unneccessary and banal personal attack. not sure how it's "hate" to express a view that i think its a fucking obnoxious thing to borrow something valuable from another person and intentionally smash it but its great to know that my posts continue to get a rise out of you, perry mason.

And thank you for reminding me what a serious whiner you are, nobody.

:cry:

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:
    crabmongerfunk said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    crabmongerfunk said:

MMMMmmmmm. That's good Soulstrut.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Has poster of Hendrix burning HIS (***as in Hedrix' own axe and not someone else's...I'm assuming***) guitar at Monterey up in his room. Gets mad when you drop his guitar.

Sayin....

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    volumen said:

He's a total recluse, Jehovah Witness, who believes in chem-trails, expected the whole world to refer to him a glyph, and remolded a rental with purple stripes and number on the exterior of the house. So yea, he's a little over the edge.

:comedy_gold:

Just giggled out loud and I refuse to give my coworkers any context as to why...they think I'm weird enough as it is.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Anecdotes about legend fucking up your axe >>>>> hey honey, would u like to see my 4k Epiphone?

Not the thread for this, but anyone who doesn't "believe in chemtrails", plaese to explain what those planes are doing up there constantly?

I mean, are y'all not believing in the planes that you must be seeing leaving marks across the sky? As if they are a mirage...

Or do you think they are just spreading benign magic dust? Because you know, nothing bad ever happens in secret....

• Bon Vivant said:
    crabmongerfunk said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    crabmongerfunk said:

so, that is your big comeback? keep on masterdebating, lionel hutz.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Not the thread for this, but anyone who doesn't "believe in chemtrails", plaese to explain what those planes are doing up there constantly?

I mean, are y'all not believing in the planes that you must be seeing leaving marks across the sky? As if they are a mirage...

Or do you think they are just spreading benign magic dust? Because you know, nothing bad ever happens in secret....

It is my belief that those planes are a combination of passenger, freight, and military planes that are traveling from place to place for some reason other than to spread chemical poisons, and that the trails they leave are created by moisture condensation. Just sayin'.

DB_Cooper said:
    HarveyCanal said:

It is my belief that those planes are a combination of passenger, freight, and military planes that are traveling from place to place for some reason other than to spread chemical poisons, and that the trails they leave are created by moisture condensation. Just sayin'.

Thanks for responding. But passenger and freight planes don't typically fly at such extreme angles that don't seem to lead anywhere in particular. And condensation from planes dissipates after a few minutes. It doesn't expand across the sky over the course of hours.

I suggest watching them more closely.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Right ... and I suppose the fact that they are piloted by lizard men is a coincidence?

crabmongerfunk said:

Comeback? Was there something that needed coming back to?

I don't punch down.

Move along, little dude.

Prince > Honkytonk Man.

• Bon Vivant said:
    crabmongerfunk said:

I don't punch down.

Move along, little dude.

your posts are just a repetitive assortment of cliches and catchphrases, saul goodman.

btw- why not try to consoldiate your bullshit posts instead of littering this site..

crabmongerfunk said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    crabmongerfunk said:

I don't punch down.

Move along, little dude.

your posts are just a repetitive assortment of cliches and catchphrases, saul goodman.

btw- why not try to consoldiate your bullshit posts instead of littering this site..

You really are a hater, crab. You hate on Prince and call him "entitled' (why shouldn't he be entitled? He's one of the greatest musicians of all time, what have you done, exactly?), and you hate on me because of what I do for a living?

LOL! Ok, buddy. Keep being an asshurt nobody. Don't let me stop you.

But really,

HarveyCanal said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Thanks for responding. But passenger and freight planes don't typically fly at such extreme angles that don't seem to lead anywhere in particular. And condensation from planes dissipates after a few minutes. It doesn't expand across the sky over the course of hours.

I suggest watching them more closely.

Yea, I seen a perfectly clear day (with nothing in the forecast) turn to hazy as the trails spread out. You can watch it happen if your reading on the deck. Something strange their.