Best Bennie and the Jets covers

NINTCNINTC 3 Posts
edited March 2013 in Strut Central
I've always been a huge fan of Elton John's 'Bennie and the Jets', I was wondering if anyone knew of any great covers of the song?
Whether good, bad, or nasty I'm looking at putting together a list of all covers.

Help much appreciated!

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,901 Posts
    :holygrail:

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I had that grand Royal Flexi-Disc. Its tucked away somewhere in all my junk, if i even bothered to save the Lee Perry Issue.

Its on the Sound Of Science box set.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Its on the Biz white label too, the one that has him djing on one side and the other has Benny and some other stuff like Biz and Redman rappig over impeach the president.

On the djing track, he says some shit like "potatoes, potatoes, scrambled eggs and cheese. I don't eat no fur burger!"

Fur burger became an oft said phrase for me, using it unnecessarily.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    Its on the Biz white label too, the one that has him djing on one side and the other has Benny and some other stuff like Biz and Redman rappig over impeach the president.

On the djing track, he says some shit like "potatoes, potatoes, scrambled eggs and cheese. I don't eat no fur burger!"

Fur burger became an oft said phrase for me, using it unnecessarily.

Is the Biz white label just an add on from the Beastie's?

I thought the BB played on that?

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    I remember reading in Grand Royal they sent it to Elton. He was not happy with Biz's cover.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,239 Posts
    Benny & The Jets: The Biz > Elton

• ppadilha said:
    Benny & The Jets: The Biz > Elton

Biz Markie's version made me like the Original

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    A footnote: Mary J. Blige's "Deep Inside."

(A footnote to the footnote: Puffy originally had the "Deep Inside" track earmarked for Beck. Beck Hansen.)