Did Wyclef kill 8,000 Haitians?

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited February 2013 in Strut Central

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Quick, someone post a ridiculous photo of the UN sitting shirtless on a crotch rocket.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    HO-LY-SHIT.

Thanks for posting this. Normally, I hate this kind of shit on the Strut but (if this is true) it needs to be known.

• YemskyYemsky 708 Posts
    I don't intend to diss this story but is this news to anyone? I had to check that this article was actually from 2013....

Yemsky said:
    I don't intend to diss this story but is this news to anyone? I had to check that this article was actually from 2013....

Yeah, it happened in 2010. The story, aside from another 1,000 people dying per year until the disease is fully eradicated, is that the UN who perpetrated this mishap/crime will not be held accountable in any way.

But let's make sure Wyclef gets dragged over the coals at every chance, because he allegedly pocketed some spare change at the same time that he was actually helping people without you know, killing them.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Yeah, the UN is a good idea in theory but in all actuality it's just bullshit.

I met UN workers in Freetown who were running bordellos.

Oh and don't forget to credit them for spreading AIDS in refugee camps in Kosovo and raping away all over the Congo...

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    I guess I missed it when Wyclef got blamed for all of this. I'm not saying he's responsible in any way, but I also wouldn't go so far as to defend whatever philanthropy he says he's doing there. I think celebrity philanthropy is just a fancy word for tax evasion.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Come on...the UN employs hundreds of thousands of people on the ground across the world in the most stricken, chaotic hellholes on earth. Shit happens in terrible places and bad people prosper. Where there's opportunity there are hustlers, whatever hat they wear - not sure you can blame the organisations over the individuals. More confusingly, how the fuck does a tragedy like a cholera epidemic vindicate a clown like Wyclef?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Flomotion said:
    not sure you can blame the organisations over the individuals.
    you sure as hell can when the organization grants the individuals immunity over incidents like this instead of any sort of remote form of accountability.

ppadilha said:
    I guess I missed it when Wyclef got blamed for all of this. I'm not saying he's responsible in any way, but I also wouldn't go so far as to defend whatever philanthropy he says he's doing there. I think celebrity philanthropy is just a fancy word for tax evasion.

Admittedly, Wyclef got blamed only for what he allegedly did, which was skim money from donations for personal use. But the US public, and definitely people on here, took the propaganda smear campaign that went with those allegations hook, line, and sinker.

So basically compare Wyclef shadily (at worst) and inefficiently (at best?) actually helping people on the ground in Haiti by providing goods, services, and representation...to the US/UN bringing in military forces to take over resources such as the Port-au-Prince airport in order to basically bypass the Haitian government's wishes in an effort to bring in their own selected "aid" contractors, including the devil himself Monsanto, to basically force THEIR will and toxic immunizations and such upon the Haitian people...and hey, why not just kill ~10,000 innocent people while they're at it?

Point being, there were plenty of opportunistic villains within the scenario following the earthquake and Wyclef was nowhere remotely near the biggest one. But of course, he was about the only one catching public heat.

I mean, I get that Bill Clinton isn't a rapper and thus he isn't as relevant a discussion piece for the Strut to CLOWN. But Sean Penn's punk ass was surely celebrated, especially when he went out of his way to publicly talk down on Wyclef.

I know I'm kinda being a dick the way I'm presenting this shit today...but dammit, I tried to done told y'all back when it was all happening...and I don't remember anyone but maybe a couple trying to hear anything but: LOOK AT STUPID WYCLEF: HA HA HA HA!

PatrickCrazy said:
    Flomotion said:
    you sure as hell can when the organization grants the individuals immunity over incidents like this instead of any sort of remote form of accountability.

An infected soldier unwittingly caused a epidemic. What do you think the UN should have done with him?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I agree Wyclef (a clown whose music I abhor) became kind of a lightening rod/distraction.

His foundation was poorly run, but the scandal diverted valuable attention/bandwidth from the real tragedy, of which this cholera thing is a major piece.

I don't pretend to know if the UN is "responsible" for the cholera outbreak or whatever, but this issue is clearly a million times more important than Wyclef.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    I think celebrity philanthropy is just a fancy word for tax evasion.

It mostly is. It's also an easy way to put your homies on the payroll.

(Please note that I said "mostly," not "totally." Thank you.)

Flomotion said:
    PatrickCrazy said:
    Flomotion said:

An infected soldier unwittingly caused a epidemic. What do you think the UN should have done with him?

Sure it was an accident.

This is what pains me. Dudes who have absolutely no clue as to how the "relationship" between the US/UN and Haiti has gone down for 200+ years...who feel the need to speak on it.

Learn the history, know the people. Then talk.

rootlesscosmo said:
    I agree Wyclef (a clown whose music I abhor) became kind of a lightening rod/distraction.

His foundation was poorly run, but the scandal diverted valuable attention/bandwidth from the real tragedy, of which this cholera thing is a major piece.

I don't pretend to know if the UN is "responsible" for the cholera outbreak or whatever, but this issue is clearly a million times more important than Wyclef.

Thank you. That's a fair assessment that I can appreciate.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    Haiti has spent the past 200 years paying for its original sin. France, and later the US and other "developed" countries have been fucking them in ways that makes what has happened to Cuba since 1959 seem like a walk in the park. If you want the money people to be happy with you, don't go off liberating their property, especially when that property includes the people who were working their farms.

• HarveyCanal said:
    Yemsky said:

Yeah, it happened in 2010. The story, aside from another 1,000 people dying per year until the disease is fully eradicated, is that the UN who perpetrated this mishap/crime will not be held accountable in any way.

But let's make sure Wyclef gets dragged over the coals at every chance, because he allegedly pocketed some spare change at the same time that he was actually helping people without you know, killing them.

Don't You Know!! Harvey my man, always first to shed the light about Wyclef and his deeds and the disrespect and false accusations that he must tend to from the media and the ill informed denizens of the web. Thank you my man. You know this Cholera outbreak is nothing compared to the disrespect I get from all you punk-ass-bitches out there. I mean I'm famous. I'm rich. Lauryn Hill wanted me. 'Nuff said. Don't drink poop water, I mean that is like taught to me in 3rd grade in my native Haiti. Must have burned those books to keep warm after the earthquake. Don't You Know!

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    So how many Haitians did you kill?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Flomotion said:
    PatrickCrazy said:
    Flomotion said:

The UN knew or should have known like epidemiologists did that Nepalis coming in would have latent cholera. When this story first hit, I read an article stating that between 60-80% (I don't remember the exact %, but it was fucking HIGH) of Nepalis have been exposed to the bacteria that causes cholera + latrine piping into the river=UN's responsible and just didn't give a fuck.

The_Non said:
    Flomotion said:
    PatrickCrazy said:
    Flomotion said:

The UN knew or should have known like epidemiologists did that Nepalis coming in would have latent cholera. When this story first hit, I read an article stating that between 60-80% (I don't remember the exact %, but it was fucking HIGH) of Nepalis have been exposed to the bacteria that causes cholera + latrine piping into the river=UN's responsible and just didn't give a fuck.

That is pretty shocking.

The_Non said:
    Flomotion said:
    PatrickCrazy said:
    Flomotion said:

On purpose. And old hat for Haiti.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Flomotion said:
    The_Non said:
    Flomotion said:
    PatrickCrazy said:
    Flomotion said:

That is pretty shocking.
    cant blame them tho am i rite

You are this time.

• skel said:
    So how many Haitians did you kill?

That my friend is known as a loaded question. People come and people go, but Wyclef just make the music that you love. And bang hotties till the dawn. Where you from Skel? That coat of arms suggest a knighthood lineage. You from that archipelago up north and east?

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Lame