Footage of well known dj's & producers & their collectrons (record pron related)

Comments

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    JATX said:
    "Jump" is "Funky Worm" and "Impeach the Presdident." I've always thought he was lame, and considered his style more of a copycat than anything else. Has dude ever used a sample that hasn't been touched already in a big way?

I hadn't heard "Jump" in years so I youtubed it to hear it before I posted this, and "Alright" popped up on the sidebar. I admit I've always liked that song.

i always thought the piano snippet in 'jump' was cool. it took me years to realise it was the jackson 5's 'i want you back'.

• OligeeOligee 289 Posts
    Damn, that doc piece of Zaf is really interesting! I've met a few English dudes who were super up on their boogie/disco game.
    New major want haha

Zaf is a boss for sure.

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    Here's the latest.. haven't watched it yet

edit - found it pretty boring

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    NerdAlert said:
    Damn, that doc piece of Zaf is really interesting!

Show me a record collector that hasn't had to sneak records into the house :real_headz:

That track from 12:50 - 13:20 is fire!

• leonleon 883 Posts
    cai said:
    Here's the latest.. haven't watched it yet
    edit - found it pretty boring
    Cosign
    B/w
    That Family - screams of passion 12" is a $5 record. Much, much more than 30 were pressed...

• pcmr said:
    Big_Stacks said:
    Hey,

After mulling over the laughable Jermaine Dupri segment, I thought of how cool it would be if some of the Strut had some segments profiling the collections of its contributors. I saw one that Dee-Rock did some years ago, and dude was funny as hell. It would be quite interesting to see some of our other peeps talking about their records.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

great idea..i mean we just need a format and have strutters film their collection presented in their own way
    it would make good promo for the site too..you could even have a video city guide with food/dig spots
    Yeah for real, this is a great idea. I love seeing vids of people's collections, it's really interesting to me to see what their favorite records are, etc. Phill, Tony, Meaty, all those guys would be great. I think Edan must have a dope collection too.

BTW Ryan, did you notice Laura Gemser in that Finesse video?!

• He's not a collector in the same sense as these guys (especially every digger's favourite digger Jermaine Dupri) but It would be cool to see one with Alchemist. That old mini documentary about him with bong hits and weed cookies is a classic

• minimini 879 Posts
    Quite good one:

• Nu-Mark flossing LOVE at 2'50 ...

That toy records set looks like fun. Anyone seen him do that live?

• OligeeOligee 289 Posts
    Finally a decent one. They were fallin' off!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

• facesdfacesd 236 Posts
    ost said:
    tripledouble said:

i could listen to that dudes voice for hours!

Plus he seems like a really nice, down to earth, dude.

I was hoping there'd be a few of these with non-hiphop related people but don't think that will happen so here's a good one with Zaf from Zafsmusic for the disco & boogie fans. Prepare for some serious record pron:

Deep Disco and Boogie from HolyRollertv on Vimeo.

Very cool... thanks for posting

• I have been enjoying the short clips of record pron. However, I haven't seen a single 78, McIntosh tube amp, hi-fi turntable, ect. It is strangle that none of the pros have a Victrola either. Wouldn't it be marvelous to have a hand crank talk box?

BTW, "whatchu know 'bout rockin goose on your noggin?"

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:

Jagged little pill raer!!

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    I want to see one with Domino or RZA. Make it happen, Fuse!

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    You can't tell me one with Marco Funk wouldn't be the best one ever.

• OligeeOligee 289 Posts

Wednesday:

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    ost said:

J Rocc + face mask = tear jerker. Also, why the fuck is Kweli in that shit?

That really goes to show the level of commitment he had towards his music.

Just saw this in the video section at Dust & Grooves:

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    ha...good one. That Saturday Night Special story is real heart-breaker

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    facesd said:
    ost said:
    tripledouble said:

i could listen to that dudes voice for hours!

Plus he seems like a really nice, down to earth, dude.

I was hoping there'd be a few of these with non-hiphop related people but don't think that will happen so here's a good one with Zaf from Zafsmusic for the disco & boogie fans. Prepare for some serious record pron:

Deep Disco and Boogie from HolyRollertv on Vimeo.

Very cool... thanks for posting

IMO this was the best one out of all these videos. He was pulling all kinds of shit out, plus I don't think I knew hardly any of the music that was playing in the background, which was a good thing.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    NerdAlert said:

Show me a record collector that hasn't had to sneak records into the house :real_headz:

Hey Duder,

Actually, I don't sneak records into the crib. Fortunately, I married a woman who understands and shares my passion for music. I'm blessed indeed among men. There's nothing better than to come home and she's blasting one of my mixes (or the OG joints from them).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

1lurkinmofo posted this in another thread. I thought it was worth reposting here:

Some 45 pron.

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
    yes, that Cash Money episode is great!!!
    + dude seems to be THE niceness.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Big_Stacks said:
    Duderonomy said:
    NerdAlert said:

Hey Duder,

Actually, I don't sneak records into the crib. Fortunately, I married a woman who understands and shares my passion for music. I'm blessed indeed among men. There's nothing better than to come home and she's blasting one of my mixes (or the OG joints from them).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

You never had to lie a little bit about the price of a raer? Or even just your net spend on records during a week/month etc?
    Blessed indeed.

I did when me & her were both at University. Literally giving up food for funk = :shame_on_you:

• RisingsonRisingson 696 Posts
    that Zaf piece is great, Jackie Stoudemire, King Tutt, that's the type of shit I want to see on these videos......that Diddys track is ridiculous

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    ost said:
    1lurkinmofo posted this in another thread. I thought it was worth reposting here:

Some 45 pron.

This is so good.