Managing your Errands (lifestyle-related)

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited February 2013 in Strut Central
This is about doing your laundry, iron clothes, going to the bank, checking your tire pressure, oil check, the occassional dental/vision check-up, paying bills on time, preparing a b-day present for somebody, buying that ____ that you've been putting off, budgeting your money....

Is it just me or do errands on the weekends just increase as we get older?! I guess that's why rich folks have maids?

Alright, lemme go back to doing errands now....

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Wash Yo Ass

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    The key to all of this is management of your cash flow.
    Analysis of expenses will reveal startling blind spots in your spending habits, that will lead to cutting the clutter from your life, which leaves funds to pay peeps to do that laundry n ironing chore, and therefore an increase in Yuichi time.

Birthdays and non-monthly car expenses should be considered in a separate 'annual' budget, that can be simply mitigated by a monthly amount put away for that purpose.

And: Declutter the birthday/Xmas list. People understand today's economic pressures. And if they don't? They go on the parasite list. I'm only spending on kids these days.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Shave Yo Nuts

• DanteDante 371 Posts
    batmon said:
    Powder Yo Nuts

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    batmon said:
    Wash Yo Ass

I try to as much as possible.

skel said:
    The key to all of this is management of your cash flow.
    Analysis of expenses will reveal startling blind spots in your spending habits, that will lead to cutting the clutter from your life, which leaves funds to pay peeps to do that laundry n ironing chore, and therefore an increase in Yuichi time.

Birthdays and non-monthly car expenses should be considered in a separate 'annual' budget, that can be simply mitigated by a monthly amount put away for that purpose.

And: Declutter the birthday/Xmas list. People understand today's economic pressures. And if they don't? They go on the parasite list. I'm only spending on kids these days.

It definitely does come down to managing your money....I probably could use a lil mo dough.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    You sound childless.

• dollar_bin said:
    You sound childless.

That was my first thought.

Big ups to the parents though...lol

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    yuichi said:
    This is about doing your laundry, iron clothes, going to the bank, checking your tire pressure, oil check, the occassional dental/vision check-up, paying bills on time, preparing a b-day present for somebody, buying that ____ that you've been putting off, budgeting your money....

I plug all this shit into my iphone as weekly or daily reminders. Every Wednesday at 8pm I get a reminder to clean the cat box and take out the trash for Thursday pickup. I don't have to go to the bank anymore, now that I can take photos of my checks with my phone. I have medication reminders twice a day to get rid of the flu/bronchitis/pneumonia that I've had for 36 days. Another reminder to turn the work phone on at 10am. I do annual reminders for birthdays and set them to remind me one week in advance. Dental visits get scheduled 8 months after when I leave the last appointment and I put a reminder in my phone. I get groceries on my 30 minute lunch break at work and put them in the work fridge until I'm ready to go home. I generally jusk ask SIRI to set the reminders for me.

A.D.D. solutions revealed!

Eventually, after doing the same stuff at the same time, it becomes a habit. I also got a wife so we can split all this stuff in half.

That being said, I'm still pretty poor with managing my free time, but scheduling all the regular chores leaves me feeling better about the free time I waste.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    CBear said:
    I have medication reminders twice a day to get rid of the flu/bronchitis/pneumonia that I've had for 36 days..

They're not working

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Wife to nag me & Kids to eat up time I would otherwise invest in relaxation.
    DONE.

For everything else, like frivolous interweb shit, evernote.com