Rubble Kings Documentary

Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
edited February 2013 in Strut Central
Hi guys, I know its bad form to come here and ask for money, but I'm helping a friend out with this film. A lot of money is still needed for post-production and to clear all the music and archive footage. Some of you guys are familiar with the movie, its been making the film festival rounds. Its well worth it and any donation is appreciated. Would also love if you guys could tweet/blog/tumblr about it.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/763217113/rubble-kings-a-feature-length-documentary

Comments

• Shared it last night. Looks good! Man, that 80 Blocks... footage gets used a lot though. (Saw some in one or two other documentaries.)

I've been waiting to see Downtown Calling for ages! Any idea if that'll ever come out? I even hit them up about maybe featuring it at my weekly, but no dice. Guess I'll have to (hopefully) catch it a film festival in another city...

• Thanks for sharing Herm! Not sure what's going on with Downtown Calling but as soon as I hear something I'll let you know. I can only imagine its also in a struggle for clearances.

• Garcia_Vega said:
    Thanks for sharing Herm! Not sure what's going on with Downtown Calling but as soon as I hear something I'll let you know. I can only imagine its also in a struggle for clearances.

Yeah, can't remember who I was emailing about it but that's what they told me. Wish they would do a Kickstarter for that one!

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Hey - they're still raising money to get this an official release - lets pledge so we can get a dvd release!

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Whatsup with this Documentary? The goal looks to have been hit on the kickstarter site. Anyone able to provide an update? I wanna watch this shit so bad....

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I contributed and received the shirt but haven't heard a word on the documentary in ages. I hate that shit. Unprofessional.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    That's why I don't put $ in these kickstarter shits. Dudes are either fuckin charlatans, or having potato salad parties.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    parallax said:
    having potato salad parties

I don't know what this means, but I ride for this phrase.

DB_Cooper said:
    parallax said:

Me too...I'm not exactly sure how to use it and I look forward to the opportunity to see more examples.

About the doc...I can totally understand setbacks. Who knows exactly how much money you'd need to get archival footage cleared (which seems to be what their kickstarter was aiming to do).

I didn't donate because it seemed to be well on its way to hitting goal (at the time I was introduced to it) and I was just going to buy whatever they released. So, I guess I don't feel that put out on the lack up updates; but, goddamn, it looked like a potentially great one.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Did Downtown Calling ever actually come out ?

• DB_Cooper said:
    parallax said:

i know what it means, and its usage has got me in tatters

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/324283889/potato-salad?ref=card

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    parallax said:

That's fucking radical.

vintageinfants said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    parallax said:

I forgot about this dude!

He actually had the party...didn't watch with sound but it looked kinda lame....

http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/1/6880201/potato-stock-kickstarter-potato-salad-zack-danger-brown

BUMP

This is currently available on Netflix streaming. I'm about to twist one up, pour some Maharaja and watch the absolute fuck out of this movie.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    JectWon said:
    BUMP

This is currently available on Netflix streaming. I'm about to twist one up, pour some Maharaja and watch the absolute fuck out of this movie.

sounds like somebody is about have a real potato salad party

ppadilha said:
    JectWon said:
    BUMP

sounds like somebody is about have a real potato salad party

Haha...so much potato salad. Just finished it. It was a fun watch. I've heard the story before via other docs, articles, etc...but this one was worth a look.

Nice sound track, good interviews, good footage.