What are the best Too Short albums?

2»

Comments

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    I would agree with most folks and say all the albums up to "Cocktails". Phil I think you would like "Life Is" and especially "Short Dog's in the House" which has some nice use of different records and boards. "Short Dog's.." got as much run as "Kill at Will" from me my freshman year of high school. Shit brings back cold ass memories of the 48 and GHS.

I can actually remember bein at a bbq in the 80's at some point and seeing my first dj up close, play that "Girl That's Your Life" shit!! I was stuck on that record and my dad actually bought me the 12" which I still have. The "Born to Mack" album was the one that blew him up back then. "Dopefiend Beat" was a favorite of anybody with a system back then. Short is hella underrated.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Is that a Jack Kirby shout out in your avatar?

Yeah, I guess... for some reason that comic book cover was in my head, so I just googled it up and made it my avatar. That Jack Kirby "Fourth World" series was a real big deal to me when I was a little kid. Most people don't even know how they bit the whole Star Wars sh*t straight from that comic. So George Lucas and those folls go on to be like multi billionaires and Kirby died basically broke. Life just ain't fair, man.

But anyway... I'm having a hard time downloading any of this Short Dog sh*t offa the Seek. Who got some files for me? Usernames, plaese.