If Soulstrut's forum was a room with us all physically in it...

2»

Comments

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    so wait, this Harlem Shake business is a "thing" now, like planking? All of a sudden everyone is posting these videos. I'm supposed to go to a party tomorrow and people are talking about "doing" this. I'm not sure I want to be a part of it.

Stay the fuck away from that party. Unless, you'd like to look back and say you participated in something that is about to be on a 'who let the dogs out', 'mambo #5', 'macarena' level of lameness.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    JectWon said:
    ppadilha said:
    so wait, this Harlem Shake business is a "thing" now, like planking? All of a sudden everyone is posting these videos. I'm supposed to go to a party tomorrow and people are talking about "doing" this. I'm not sure I want to be a part of it.

Stay the fuck away from that party. Unless, you'd like to look back and say you participated in something that is about to be on a 'who let the dogs out', 'mambo #5', 'macarena' level of lameness.

maybe they could use someone taking a dump in the corner of the room while everyone else is dancing?

I remember when the macarena was inescapable. Any mass gathering ran the risk of descending into some sort of macarena hell. Watching people do it made me understand how the jews must have felt living in nazi Germany.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Take your mouths off

Teh Macarena is fun.

Do you guys even party?

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    JectWon said:
    ppadilha said:

maybe they could use someone taking a dump in the corner of the room while everyone else is dancing?

I remember when the macarena was inescapable. Any mass gathering ran the risk of descending into some sort of macarena hell. Watching people do it made me understand how the jews must have felt living in nazi Germany.

They actually did this {harlem shuffle} at the U of L vs. St. Johns college basketball game last night that I was at; the cardinal mascot bird came out onto the court, suddenly the bass kicked in and the student section went bananas dancing crazy, it actually was pretty fuckin' funny and entertaining to watch, they only did it on one timeout. I was rooting for more, because everybody was dancing' nut style, kids were dressed up.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    skel said:

Do you guys even party?

Dude I party SO hard...I'm doing the Rockaway as I type this.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    skel said:
    Take your mouths off

Teh Macarena is fun.

Do you guys even party?

Flashback. I remember being at the 1996 Summer Olympics @ Atlanta, Georgia. Mexico Vs. Nigeria soccer game. Macarena was in 100% full force that summer. Watching 10,000+ fans of the Mexico team doing the Macarena was amazing. I remember being one of maybe 20 white people at that game.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Eggplant Xanadoo said:

I always pictured you like a Jabba The Hut. Not physically but...I don't know how to explain it...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    skel said:

Do you guys even party?

If I was making music. It's now gold to get your song associated with something like this.

Dudes song is now #1 on itunes.

It will pass quick. But I'm still enjoying some of these quite a bit.

• JectWon said:
    skel said:

Do you guys even party?

DO YOU GUYS EVEN PARTY.

my vision of soulstrut in a room is just a lot of people drinking to avoid eye contact, eye rolling and everyone tsk'ing at eachothers kicks.

provenance of beer TBD

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    my vision of soulstrut in a room is just a lot of people drinking to avoid eye contact, eye rolling and everyone tsk'ing at eachothers kicks.

The last Britstrut was just like this.
    But we all maintained eye-contact.
    And there was no eye-rolling.
    Or tsking.
    A lot of hospitality from the one SKEL.

So, yeah, mostly drinking.

Rekkid & Rekkid-R exchanges.
    Dutty defied stereotype.
    More drinking. Jesus.
    A Thai food platter.
    Then me and Duder drinking more. It seemed such a good idea at the time.
    I can't remember much after that.

Everyone pretty ill afterwards.

GREAT NIGHT OUT!

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    i don't understand what that video up thread has to do with the harlem shake.

• J i m s t e r said:
    vintageinfants said:

The last Britstrut was just like this.
    But we all maintained eye-contact.
    And there was no eye-rolling.
    Or tsking.
    A lot of hospitality from the one SKEL.

So, yeah, mostly drinking.

Rekkid & Rekkid-R exchanges.
    Dutty defied stereotype.
    More drinking. Jesus.
    A Thai food platter.
    Then me and Duder drinking more. It seemed such a good idea at the time.
    I can't remember much after that.

Everyone pretty ill afterwards.

GREAT NIGHT OUT!

you know the person who always celebrates the birthday WAY MORE than the person whose birthday it actually IS and ends up getting unintelligibly shattered? i wonder who that'd be.

bar is dead quiet until someone laughs when something funny is posted on soulstrut.

• crabmongerfunk said:
    except for all the non-white strutters.

b/w

white people are so lame!

sup man, send you a PM, hit me back.