Valentine's Day - Yah Or Nay???

Comments

• Nay, I'll get the Mrs. jewelry and take her out for dinner, get my daugher a teddy bear, and call my Mom. But I do believe that women have a few too many holidays:
    Valentine's Day (candy, flowers, etc.)
    Anniversaries (what DID you get her?)
    Christmas
    Birthdays
    Mother's Day
    Secretary Day (wtf?)
    Sweetest Day (really...?).

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Juan Cocktolstoy said:
    Nay, I'll get the Mrs. jewelry and take her out for dinner, get my daugher a teddy bear, and call my Mom. But I do believe that women have a few too many holidays:
    Christmas
    Birthdays
    Mother's Day
    Secretary Day (wtf?)

Valentine's Day (candy, flowers, etc.) - People of all sexes celebrate this holiday. My gay, male friend loves it.
    Anniversaries (what DID you get her?) - See above.
    Christmas- Not just for women. Really, it's for the kids. Let's be real here.
    Birthdays- See answers to 1 and 2.
    Mother's Day- There is also Father's Day.
    Secretary Day (wtf?) - There are male secretaries.
    Sweetest Day (really...?). - See answers to 1 and 2 AND don't wrap all of us women up into one little naive box.

• vintageinfants said:
    take your fucking mouths off and do something nice and out of routine for someone you care about today.
    they put up with all your shit.

Honestly.

• elise said:
    Juan Cocktolstoy said:
    Nay, I'll get the Mrs. jewelry and take her out for dinner, get my daugher a teddy bear, and call my Mom. But I do believe that women have a few too many holidays:
    Christmas
    Birthdays
    Mother's Day
    Secretary Day (wtf?)

Valentine's Day (candy, flowers, etc.) - People of all sexes celebrate this holiday. My gay, male friend loves it.
    Anniversaries (what DID you get her?) - See above.
    Christmas- Not just for women. Really, it's for the kids. Let's be real here.
    Birthdays- See answers to 1 and 2.
    Mother's Day- There is also Father's Day.
    Secretary Day (wtf?) - There are male secretaries.
    Sweetest Day (really...?). - See answers to 1 and 2 AND don't wrap all of us women up into one little naive box.

I don't think saying a gay man enjoys a holiday for women dilutes his point. "What did you get her for _______" all of the above.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    He decided to take the day off last minute, we had Popeye's, ginger beer and mimosas. We listened to Lloyd Banks, Ryan Evans x Cutting Practice tape and Soul Boulders2 and looked at hot chicks online. I say Yay.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    but what was the popeye's side dish?

red beans and rice - halal location so no worries about swine

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    bassie said:
    He decided to look at Lloyd Banks, Ryan Evans x Cutting Practice and Soul Boulders 2 at the last minute online. I say Yay.

batmon said:
    He decided to look at Lloyd Banks, Ryan Evans x Cutting Practice and Soul Boulders 2 at the last minute online. I say Yay.

crazy coincidence! we should double date!

bassie said:
    batmon said:

my man dont like Lloyd Banks.

I'm sure we can still get along. Oh wait - did he think Crash was a good movie?

bassie said:
    I'm sure we can still get along. Oh wait - did he think Crash was a good movie?

He prefrers Grease.

dreamy

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    batmon said:
    bassie said:
    batmon said:

You messing with them trannies again?

That part of It's Always Sunny in Philly had me rolling. I can't tell my friends about us until after the operation...LOL.

• DOR said:

Ha! that's gotta be from Reckless Records.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    Secretary Day? What year is your calendar from, 1952?

HarveyCanal said:
    batmon said:
    bassie said:
    batmon said:

That part of It's Always Sunny in Philly had me rolling. I can't tell my friends about us until after the operation...LOL.

Ha..

Are there any Tranny Love Songs?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Having pooh-poohed ValDay, I did go out with girl friend (not girlfriend) Kim and tore the shit out of the night with several cocktails ispread over 4 different bars, a sophisticated dim sum selection, culminating in an eighties themed night club at 1.30am, re-enacting the whole Thriller dance routine.

Best night out for a long-ass time. Maybe even several years, with all due respect to the BritStrut lager frenzy nights.

And there may have been adolescent-level fumblings in the back of a cab approaching 2am. Couldn't possibly comment. Gentleman never tells.
    That 'girl friend' distinction is a little less solid today.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    skel said:
    Having pooh-poohed ValDay, I did go out with girl friend (not girlfriend) Kim and tore the shit out of the night with several cocktails ispread over 4 different bars, a sophisticated dim sum selection, culminating in an eighties themed night club at 1.30am, re-enacting the whole Thriller dance routine.

Best night out for a long-ass time. Maybe even several years, with all due respect to the BritStrut lager frenzy nights.

And there may have been adolescent-level fumblings in the back of a cab approaching 2am. Couldn't possibly comment. Gentleman never tells.
    That 'girl friend' distinction is a little less solid today.

Oh yeah, well I made it all the way to first base with a new chick last night.

I repeat, ALL THE WAY...to first base.

Yeah but dude, I'm disabled and critically ill, have a heart.

Get me a 'Rican Heatwave sweater and I'll tell you how to to steal second.

• skel said:

how to steal second.

Delete. Many apologies.

'Nibble the nape' has more class

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    edith head said:
    DOR said:

Ha! that's gotta be from Reckless Records.

lol. I believe you are correct.

You record nerd...

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    batmon said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    batmon said:
    bassie said:
    batmon said:

Ha..

• skel said:
    'Nibble the nape' has more class

Hahaha, both appalling... What about moral standards, especially on the special day?

HAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    batmon said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    batmon said:
    bassie said:
    batmon said:

Ha..

• batmon said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    batmon said:
    bassie said:
    batmon said:

Ha..

• Juan Cocktolstoy said:

Christmas
    Birthdays
    Mother's Day
    Secretary Day (wtf?)

this coming monday, we here in canada are celebrating a moderately new holiday called "family day".

i'll be celebrating it my driving my girlfriend to the airport and then spendind the rest of the day drinking gin and playing video games with noise cancelling headphones on.