UTOPIA [TV-R]

vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
edited February 2013 in Strut Central
fuckin' hell. you mental brits.

as per the one Okem's suggestion, started following this show. only four episodes in and this thing is a twisted masterpiece thus far.

i implore you to git fam.

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    "With me, it's the eyes."

• J i m s t e r said:
    "With me, it's the eyes."

so very frank booth-ian.

whole show plays out in a very david lynch-type manner as well.

what's the character Becky's accent. welsh? some hybrid of glaswegian/liverpuddlian? it's incredibly odd.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Welsh

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    How can a Yank check this?
    Is it on BBC America? Netflix?

• Yeah, what ^he said asked.

• Herm said:
    Yeah, what ^he said asked.

can you watch this?

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/utopia/4od

I've been watching it, the Arby/R.B. character is cold.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    oi m8z been meaning to check this out but been busy
    definitely get around to it during this lovely snow weekend
    cheerz m8z

• i set up a VPN so nothing is blacked out for me, i dont know about the rest of youse guys.

there's always the torrent route for those who dont have that luxury.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Ricky Forcefield said:
    Herm said:
    Yeah, what ^he said asked.

can you watch this?

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/utopia/4od

I've been watching it, the Arby/R.B. character is cold.

Nah, these don't work for me. This place has them, though: http://www.1channel.ch/watch-2737241-Utopia

• Hmmm...neither of those links work for me. I was to DL the first ep through a torrent though.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Eztv.it is probably the best open site for tv torrents IMHO. you'll find all the episodes on there.

• vintageinfants said:
    i set up a VPN so nothing is blacked out for me, i dont know about the rest of youse guys.

Hey did you just set up a home VPN, or are you using one of those subscription services that lets you change your IP's "location"?

Curious cuz I know my way around a router / port forwarding and all that but I've never really messed with VPNs.

• residentgiant said:
    vintageinfants said:
    i set up a VPN so nothing is blacked out for me, i dont know about the rest of youse guys.

Hey did you just set up a home VPN, or are you using one of those subscription services that lets you change your IP's "location"?

Curious cuz I know my way around a router / port forwarding and all that but I've never really messed with VPNs.

i used on online agent. http://www.unblock-us.com/ on top of giving you access to any regionally blocked online material, they even have a handy dropdown table that allows you to choose which regions of netflix you'd prefer. i swap between the us, uk and canada.

• thanks! seems like a good deal at 4.99/mo.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    This is great.

Caught up on the old episodes at the weekend and watched part 5 last night.
    What do we do now?
    We talk to the man.
    Which man?
    The man at the counter.

I LOL'd.

• Just finished the second episode (literally...the credits are still rolling). I'm liking this show!

Pardon my ignorance (especially if this is blatantly obvious), but the yellow handbag is a nod to The Watchmen, no? Looks like a smiley face to me.

I'm not sure about the bag. Definitely looks like a nod to the Watchmen smiley face, but it could just be they wanted something that stood out, a way of saying that these guys are the kind of nutters that don't need to be covert, they carry their weapons around in a bright yellow bag.

• francois parkerfrancois parker formerly know as Parkz. 125 Posts
    I got a thing for Jessica Hyde.

• francois parker said:
    I got a thing for Jessica Hyde.

She's a bit weird looking. Does this scary pout thing a lot. But she'd probably be all kinds of fun in a slightly scary way that I might find kinky. After the pain and the tears stop.

• And then she'd kill you.

• nah tho, perfect blap n go scenario. shorty can't stay still or have shit tie her down. she'd rock you with some serious might-die-tomorrow carnal passion and then be out with the quickness. she's doesn't even have the need for money.

JESSICA CAN YODEL AT ME WHENEVER

• vintageinfants said:
    she's doesn't even have the need for money.

Cheap (violent, unhinged) date.

• bennyboy said:
    vintageinfants said:

talmbout that 'on the lamb-bam thank you ma'am' type tryst game

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    bennyboy said:
    vintageinfants said:

These dudes have clearly never pulled a proper Irish goodbye, never mind in the middle of (but directly following the climax of) an amorous liaison.

• DB_Cooper said:
    vintageinfants said:
    bennyboy said:
    vintageinfants said:

These dudes have clearly never pulled a proper Irish goodbye, never mind in the middle of (but directly following the climax of) an amorous liaison.

• This show is blowing my mindgrapes but jesus that school scene was hard to watch. Lots of difficult scenes, but that one in particular, 'cause...well...you know.

I thought it was pretty good. Apart from the teacher, all of the other deaths were left to the imagination, including the one that made RB pause when he saw the chocolate covered raisins.

• Don't get me wrong, it was very well done. Just...hard to watch.

• Love this show, followed it from the start as I'd had seen the trailer a few weeks before it started.

Start of episode 3 was a tough watch though