Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I've done loads of Cave swimming and pretty cool pools, but I really need to hit up some of those spots. Many of those are on my list.

Also need Icelands Blue lagoon and many of Japan's onsen.

https://www.google.com/search?um=1&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch&q=blue+lagoon+iceland&revid=1626486985&sa=X&ei=KudkUIajIqLF0QHw4YC4CQ&ved=0CEQQgxY&biw=1440&bih=748

Another cool spots I need to hit

http://matadornetwork.com/trips/stacked-infinity-pools-in-a-bali-rainforest-pics/

• fuck yeah; those are sick.

Top of my head Oldboy. Once Upon a Time in the West. Memento. Lady Snowblood.

I watched The Count of Monte Cristo the other night and have to admit. I enjoyed it quite a bit for the most part.

Also finally sat down and watched The Man from Nowhere recently and enjoyed...

• Oldboy has to be the ultimate revenge movie in recent memory.

Inglorious and Django I guess are in there.

(I was not crazy about any of the 3, but as examples of the genre, they are def in the conversation.)

• rootlesscosmo said:
    Oldboy has to be the ultimate revenge movie in recent memory.

.... and of course, the follow ups, 'sympathy for mr vengeance' and 'lady vengeance'.

also:

Leon
    Once upon a time in the West
    Man of Fire [..... i know......]
    Unforgiven

Damn. One of the main theaters in the city was showing Oldboy and Battle Royal today for $6.00 and I missed it!

• DOR said:
    Damn. One of the main theaters in the city was showing Oldboy and Battle Royal today for $6.00 and I missed it!

http://mediafiles.cineplex.com/Events/DigitalFilmFest/2013/DFF-Showtimes-Schedule-for-Web-EN.pdf

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Fresh

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

.... and of course, the follow ups, 'sympathy for mr vengeance' and 'lady vengeance'.

Been busier than a one-armed plate-spinner with a dose of crabs, so the cinema plate done fell off. Didn't know these two movies existed (you are not excreting me, right?).

I would not expect them to have the magnum-round impact of the first, but do they stack up well enough to warrant sourcing?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    vintageinfants said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

Been busier than a one-armed plate-spinner with a dose of crabs, so the cinema plate done fell off. Didn't know these two movies existed (you are not excreting me, right?).

I would not expect them to have the magnum-round impact of the first, but do they stack up well enough to warrant sourcing?

They do all exist but Sympathy For Mr Vengeance actually predates Old Boy so is the first in the revenge trilogy. Lady Vengeance rounds things off at the end.

Sympathy is the least stylised of the three but is still as dark as they come and pretty gruelling. Lady Vengeance is the most stylised and probably the least gruelling of the three so you can see him become more and more abstract with the ideas as he goes through the trilogy. All worth watching though.
    Would highly recommend the Tartan Asia Extreme copies of them if you can find them on ebay or the like.

As for other revenge movies, couple that spring to mind.

Get Carter
    Point Blank
    Rolling Thunder

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    I Spit on Your Grave

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Trading Places.

Whaddya mean it's not a revenge movie?

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts
    All great recs so far.

I liked the Gibson one, Payback. Very dry.
    Also, really enjoyed the Punisher flick with Travolta as the baddie -
    "Made you kill your wife... Made you kill your best friend... "

Ah, reminds me of all the bad things that have happened to folks who have crossed me. Keeps me warm at night.

Good friend of mine is Marianna Trench deep in the Asian Film game. He lives in Taipei now. Organises film festivals and the like. I am sure I can get dem shits no problemo.

"FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION"

• ppadilha said:
    I Spit on Your Grave

YES.