anybody got this?

tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Private-Press-Sedition-Ensemble-Poetry-jazz_W0QQitemZ4759831265QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemi tried to buy it on ebay cause i got some store credit to burn with the seller, but i didnt win it. anyone know it?

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    no but im biddin on that

• looks dope, right?
    the description i bid on compared it to esg and the slits, some nowave madness.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    yeah, looks hella dope

• looks dope, right?
    the description i bid on compared it to esg and the slits, some nowave madness.

It has a sound similiar to the funky-free sound billy bang was up to in the early 80s, if I remember right. With ample spoken word.

• dsandersdsanders 495 Posts
    If i'm not mistaken, it involves Bern Nix who was playing guitar with Ornette...

• that looks like some pere ubu record i just picked up recently. some of that nu wave stuff is pretty cool actually.

btw tony when you going to update your site? it's been like 3 months!

dave

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    This is the kind of record that I would only get if it had nothing to do with religion and I saw it in a thrift store... I wish I could see the back, if the players looked real hairy and bummy, I would put it in the going home with me pile... but on eBay, forget it...

dave

o kay kay kay!... holler at your boy James...

• that shit is pretty bad. extra cacophonous caterwaul shit with EXTREMELY over-the-top awful political "poetry"... one of the guerilla girls was involved. i would definitely hesitate to compare it to the slits or esg. there is one really fast song that is kind of dope before the vocals come in. the poetry is just mind-bogglingly bad. but i really can't think of any good poetry records.

• btw tony when you going to update your site? it's been like 3 months!

dave

huh ?

dave

huh ?

what ?

• weird weird

thiknek is in philly so were going to go resurrect shit this week

lilraperape, i had a feeling youd have some knowledge on that. good to see youre keeping up with things. im a see you in that shop real soon. keep it poopin

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I got it and I like it.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    . but i really can't think of any good poetry records.

checkout That Nigger Music by Les Oublies de Jazz Ensemble (Touche 1973), it has some real female poetry by Sugar Ree...!