AIDS
Crack
NY Fiscal shit

Dude fought some shit.

Rest in Peace.

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    RIP

• a mayor from another time indeed. yusuf hawkins, bernie goetz, the emergence of the yuppie, the don't honk signage campaign.

i saw him in soho about 7 years ago. he was smiling, strolling, people watching and clearly in love with new york city, drinking it in. i thought it was a rare moment, but in fact i learned later that he was known to stroll for hours around manhattan talking to people and getting light exercise. he was wearing a 3-piece green suit and i stopped and spoke with him for several minutes as if we knew each other.
    RIP

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    When he first got elected he took a tour of Harlem and my pops was one of the Public Relations Police officers assigned to accompany Koch.

Years later he would appear at The Double Dutch Championship when it was held at Lincoln Center and presented my pops w/ a plaque declaring July whatever as Double Dutch day.

He has a great scene in Wild Style.

• batmon said:
    When he first got elected he took a tour of Harlem and my pops was one of the Public Relations Police officers assigned to accompany Koch.

Years later he would appear at The Double Dutch Championship when it was held at Lincoln Center and presented my pops w/ a plaque declaring July whatever as Double Dutch day.

He did?

rootlesscosmo said:
    batmon said:

He did?

Style Wars.......

• right.

And Krush Groove

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    R.I.P.

I've been looking forward to seeing this movie...

• How do think Koch would compare with Wilson Goode given there similar time line in office?

• batmon said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    He did?

Style Wars.......

he screwed it up a little bit, but nevertheless you got the message

• Ricky Forcefield said:
    batmon said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    He did?

Style Wars.......

lol

• The-gaffler said:
    Ricky Forcefield said:
    batmon said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    He did?

Style Wars.......

lol

Perfect!

• "How 'm I doin'"

I always thought he was the model for the Mayor in the original Taking of Pelham One Two Three, but I just recently looked it up and saw that the movie was released in 1974 and he didn't become mayor until 1978. Go figure.

• The mayor in Pelham was based on whoever the mayor of NYC was in the early 70's as far as I know.