Amazing blend of 18 Pendulum tracks

DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
edited January 2013 in Strut Central
:lol:

Comments

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    But aren't Pendulum a kind of rockist dnb revival live band.. so not really electronic computer music.

I've never paid much attention to them cause they clearly suck, but I remember watching their drummers' old YouTube videos which were pretty good.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Ahh, I just assumed they were some DnB outfit. Didn't realise they were a 'band' of sorts. Will change thread title accordingly.

dbl

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    No need, it was kinda fitting. It's the kind of music you end up with when people that don't really like electronic music and think it is limited by computers, start trying to 'improve' it by adding live geetars and putting it in a rock context, because that makes everything better right? So you end up with this heinous pile of ballsacks

The drummer is good doe

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Disclosure: my mate plays/played guitar for Pendulum.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    All of this shit brings me to my college years when I learned to DJ by smoking blunts in my DnB DJ roommate's room, practicing my hip hop techniques in between long sessions of drum and bass and later raga. (It was called raga, right?). I didn't like that shit then, and I don't now. But the weed helped.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    Oops. No offence like. Are they actually a band or is it a session type thing?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    ..long sessions of drum and bass and later raga. (It was called raga, right?). I didn't like that shit then, and I don't now. But the weed helped.
    I'm guessing you meen ragga, like JA dancehall? And not a progression into Indian classical music, raga. Unless dude was REALLY into Nitin Sawhney.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Okem said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    ..long sessions of drum and bass and later raga. (It was called raga, right?). I didn't like that shit then, and I don't now. But the weed helped.
    I'm guessing you meen ragga, like JA dancehall? And not a progression into Indian classical music, raga. Unless dude was REALLY into Nitin Sawhney.

Definitely ragga. The third member of our "crew" (I feel a little silly saying that, but whatever) was a dreaded white guy from CT who loved him some ragga. And weed. Loved loved loved weed. I'm just glad I was out of college before dubstep really became a thing. It was hard enough sitting through the rest of it.

• never gets old

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    Okem said:
    DB_Cooper said:

Definitely ragga. The third member of our "crew" (I feel a little silly saying that, but whatever) was a dreaded white guy from CT who loved him some ragga. And weed. Loved loved loved weed. I'm just glad I was out of college before dubstep really became a thing. It was hard enough sitting through the rest of it.
    I'm pretty sure I was going through something pretty similar the other side of the world. I had two friends who got into JA music through dnb, one was into contemporary dancehall, the other collected 80s dancehall and reggae. We used to have a mini sound system that we took to house parties, but we weren't adverse to just turning it up to 11 on a week night for the sake of it. At the time it was amusing to see it shake the foundations and break the washing up in the sink, but in retrospect our neighbours must have hated us so much and deservedly so.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Okem said:
    DocMcCoy said:
    Oops. No offence like. Are they actually a band or is it a session type thing?

Nah, that's alright. It's not like you dissed my mum or anything. But to answer your question, originally it was a duo, I think - two Aussie guys. Then they added an MC, and brought live instrumentation into the picture. My mate did studio sessions for them. Then he joined the touring band, and eventually he was asked to become a full-time member.

I think they're on hiatus now, as the two original members are concentrating on their Knife Party project. Either way, my boy's returned to doing sessions and general gun-for-hire work for the time being. Last time I spoke to him, he'd just finished touring with Tinie Tempah.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    My mate is drumming for Labyrinth. Or lab-eye-rinth as I call him. Not to name drop or owt (how can you, when UK rap is the USA beer), but I bet he knows your mate. I think a couple of mates are touring with Leon Ware in a couple of weeks. Sadly, nowhere near me.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    (how can you, when UK rap is the USA beer)

Again, US beer (arguably) has its merits, while UK rap has absolutely none.

^^^

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    J i m s t e r said:
    (how can you, when UK rap is the USA beer)

Again, US beer (arguably) has its merits, while UK rap has absolutely none.

• Actually Pendulum were three dudes. They had a couple of tunes (vault) that made it big at Winter Music Conference one year and then next thing you know they were putting out tunes left and right.

Not a huge Pendulum fan but they do have a couple of dope tracks plastic world some others I can't remember. Their sound is too rock sounding for me mixed with DNB and I am just not into it.

On a side note Rob Swire from Pendulum was Co-Producer on Rihanna's Rude Boy and another one of her songs and was producer on a Taio Cruz track. Get that pop money.

Also Paul Kodesh the drummer from Apollo 440 played drums for Pendulum.