iTunes 11

2»

Comments

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    The best thing about Itunes 11 is that it gave me a push to make the switch to Spotify as my playlist/listening app. So now I don't even try to keep my Itunes music organized. I like being able to sync my music to my iphone over wifi. Certain issues with Itunes are baffling though, and never seem to be resolved. If I type in a search - just KEEP the damn search there until I type in a new one, dammit! Why does it reset when I go into a playlist? SMH...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    If im playing an album Y and then decide to burn album X, it gives me the page w/ the album/songs.Fine.
    I burn album X and want to RETURN to the album Y,I was playing during all this.
    It fuckin leaves me at the top of my collection at A (Aaliyah). I have to either search or scroll down to what's playing. WTF.

And I cant Fusk w/ their music categories.
    Alternative vs Indie Rock vs Punk vs Rock.........
    Electronic vs Electronica

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I was hoping that this had been bumped because the new versions had ironed out the bugs and binned off some of the pointless tweaks. Or is everyone else like me, sticking with the last version of iTunes 10 for as long as possible?

white_tea said:
    My main peeves is that you can bring up just a straight search of whatever -- you have to select individual search results out of a little submenu. Also, if you pick out an album in one menu and then switch to a different playlist and come back, the program resets like you just opened it.

THIS

• Does iTunes automatically get updated as soon as you do a software update? Or can you choose not to? I still have version 10.5.8 on my Mac Book pro & am pretty satisfied with it. Am I forced to do a upgrade eventually?

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts
    you can always avoid automatic updates on a Mac - just make sure it's checked off. When you get the system update prompt saying updates are available, you can click on "details" and check off the things you don't want updated.

I'm still on iTunes 10.3.1 :real_headz:

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    batmon said:
    I have to either search or scroll down to what's playing. WTF.

Command-L or Control-L will take you directly to the song that's currently playing regardless of where you are in iTunes.

CBear said:
    batmon said:
    I have to either search or scroll down to what's playing. WTF.

Command-L or Control-L will take you directly to the song that's currently playing regardless of where you are in iTunes.

thx

• MR_ZIMMSMR_ZIMMS 210 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    you can always avoid automatic updates on a Mac - just make sure it's checked off. When you get the system update prompt saying updates are available, you can click on "details" and check off the things you don't want updated.

I'm still on iTunes 10.3.1 :real_headz:

Thanks

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts
    MR_ZIMMS said:
    ppadilha said:

I'm still on iTunes 10.3.1

Thanks

just to clarify - in the system settings, go to "software update" in the "system" section. There you can set how often it looks for updates, mine is set to do it monthly. I turn off the "download updates automatically" option. Once it checks for updates and the system update prompt pops up, I click on details and select the updates I want. You'll notice it is constantly trying to update programs that you never use - stuff like iMovie, iDVD, Garage Band, etc.