"What's Your Name" sample ID

RawbbieRawbbie 20 Posts
edited January 2013 in Strut Central
what up peeps, I came across this sample from an old beat I produced way back in the early 90s. Can't remember a damn thing about it lol, I know the sample came from some independant rapper's joint, but whoever that is/was remains unknown.

What I'm trying to figure out is the part of the snippet where the female vocalist says "ooooohhhhhh, what's your name" in the background.

If I could track down who she is/what band she was in/what song, then I could research what rapper used her sample.

Thanks in advance, I'm gonna try to embed it here:

Comments

• Intelligent hoodlum used it but I'm not sure what the loop is.

• axefoley said:
    Intelligent hoodlum used it but I'm not sure what the loop is.

In what song did he use that sample? Was it Intelligent Hoodlum or Tradgedy?

• Mad brothers know his name is the intelligent hoodlum track and the vocal loop is from LaBelle-Shades of difference.

• You guys are the f-n sh*t. I been trying to identify this for.. more than 15 years. This song holds a place close to my heart. And again, you guys come up with success. Lovin this place. I'd say thank-you but the word isn't strong enough. Ok, no more tear-enducing words here, carry on...

I just can't f-n believe that tonight, I have the answer to this question.. I thought this was an impossible find... but it seems there's no such thing as an impossible find on this website...

• Rawbbie said:
    ..... there's no such thing as an impossible find on this website...

from what i know, no nowhere has unearthed the copy of leo sayer where the flight is 'intermittent'....

.... we've all got our white whales.

• that intelligent hoodlum street life 12 is good.. Beats are great.

• oh you mean this: