AND THE DEODATOFF BEATOFF WINNER IS:............

The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited January 2013 in Strut Central
jammy!

Congrats to everyone, great job on this, and hopefully we can get higher levels of participation in the new year! Jammy will choose the next Beatoff sample source, and congrats to everyone for the great beats!

D-amazin-November 13

jammy-Caribbean 13th

upskiboo-Persuadin' Until the 13th

Grandfather-Did It Off

evolveone-Deo Struttin'

m_dejean-13 Gun Salute

cove-Neo Geo Deo

Comments

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    Wow! I wasn't expecting to win. I definitely wasn't expecting two reggae inspired efforts either. Good job to everyone!
    Hopefully we will get a few more entrants on the next beatoff now that the silly season is over.

• It was a good jam, jammy. Congrats!

I'll keep entering them as long as you guys keep puttin them on

Thanks for handling them Non

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Other than what is obviously amazing about these beat-offs, I love how they give a different perspective/glimpse into Stutters' heads.
    Thank You The Non and all participants for doing this!

(also, is it possible to store beat submission threads somewhere specific on the Board so they don't get buried in 50 pages of political elbow rap? Not its own forum and I guess the stickies would begin to pile up...)

• congrats to jammy!

b/w

m_dejean continues to amaze the shit out of me. i hope you are doing music for a living.

b/w

perhaps would be cool to do some epic remix of the two reggae beats.. turn it into a full length track

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Congrats jammy!

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Yes, congrats Jammy. But big up all the entrants for keeping up the best thing about this forum in a long run.

To further Bassie's suggestion, how difficult is it to open a new forum and move all the old beatoff threads in there & save then all in one place.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    cove said:
    Congrats jammy!

freakin right on, way to go Jammy, super nice sounds

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Nice one!

• yeah jammy man love it (and dejean again. what!!!!) and cant wait to listen to the winners comp!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Tracks now public motherbatches!

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    jammy said:
    I definitely wasn't expecting two reggae inspired efforts either.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting that at all. Didn't listen to the other entries until they were posted on the forum. I just went with my first notion, which was that those dry drums would fit in a Roots Radics riddim. Started building a Style Scott-ish beat and took it from there.

You got the horns working real well, I tried to do something like that, but couldn't make it work. Real nice. I did actually use the horns too, but only low in the mix during the chorus parts.

Big up, Jammy.

JAH!!!

And thanks for the kind words, CrabMonger and Tripledouble.

• I used the horns as well but i guess no one was feelin it. I know mine sucked.......
    Much props to everyone else!! Congratulations to the winner, good job!!