Help with a sample spot (already took it there, no luck.)

JATXJATX 258 Posts
edited December 2012 in Strut Central
Hello, Strut---can anyone help identify what Mondee sampled for "Flawless Crowns?" Any help or leads is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    "I Forgot To Be Your Lover" cover?

• JATXJATX 258 Posts
    Electrode said:
    "I Forgot To Be Your Lover" cover?

I checked a few on youtube and they all have the same tone as the William Bell version. It sounds like it could be a cover of it, though. Thanks for looking.

• JATXJATX 258 Posts
    Someone at the other site said it could possibly be a cover of "Let Me Down Easy." Someone added that it could possibly be from an 80s soundtrack.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    mondee has always had a good ear for cool samples.

• JATXJATX 258 Posts
    jammy said:
    mondee has always had a good ear for cool samples.

I agree. I'm familair with the stuff he did for Yak Ballz and it's all pretty solid.

• ive got it in the studio. its a proper throwaway soundtrack from the early 90's about pirate or shoguns of something.

• JATXJATX 258 Posts
    TheDollarBinDon said:
    ive got it in the studio. its a proper throwaway soundtrack from the early 90's about pirate or shoguns of something.

This is a good lead. Thank you, sir. If your the one that does joints with Action Bronson please keep it up. Good stuff.

• JATXJATX 258 Posts
    dp

• Maybe a cover styled after Inez Foxx's "Let Me Down Easy":

• JATXJATX 258 Posts
    Zootedgranny said:
    Maybe a cover styled after Inez Foxx's "Let Me Down Easy":

Sounds like it's a cover of that version. I listened to a few covers but I somehow skipped the Inez Foxx version. Certainly sounds like a cover of that version. Judging by the sounds in the Raekwon sample, maybe it's a cover done in the 80s.