PICTURES INSIDE RECORDSTORES!!!

2»

Comments

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts

took this in 'the thing' in nyc over christmas

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    Skippy Whites Central Square store back in the good ole days...

The man, the myth, the legend

• goldmine mississippi

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Sao Paulo...

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Haha Ivan I'm glad you have photos of those spots cause I didn't have a camera both times I went. Gordo didn't have jack and the dude working there hated me but the place across the way was alright. Carlinhos is the man, found a really cool afro funk record there for nothing. The disorganized compacto spot STILL looks the same, they are still "remodeling". Did you find anything at the spot before Gordos, the one with the old lady at the counter who only lets you listen to three things? they had crazy stuff on the wall including a Modulo 1000 that was probably the right price but not my thing.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    how is that NY spot Second Hand Rose? i drive by it every day and am always tempted to double park and go in but i never pull the trigger!

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    how is that NY spot Second Hand Rose? i drive by it every day and am always tempted to double park and go in but i never pull the trigger!

The last three people I know who went there all had the same experience - they spent hours digging, bought their finds to the counter only to be told that these records are all going on ebay.

For real.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts

The last three people I know who went there all had the same experience - they spent hours digging, bought their finds to the counter only to be told that these records are all going on ebay.

For real.

thats some bullshit

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Ahhh shit, I got black fingers just reading this thread!

I never have a camera when I dig, so can't contribute.

though, keep em comin'

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

For real.

thats some bullshit

last 3 people??

L - O - L.

2nd Hand Rose was the place we went back in college to go laugh after we got drunk or stoned. For real. $50 Queen Latifah 12"s. That place has been a MAJOR joke since 1995 or earlier. I have absolutely no clue how they're still in business.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I have absolutely no clue how they're still in business.

For real.

that sounds like why they are still in business...free labor to find the money records, records that probably cost dude a few pennies...

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Petersburg, Virginia

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    last 3 people??

L - O - L.

2nd Hand Rose was the place we went back in college to go laugh after we got drunk or stoned. For real. $50 Queen Latifah 12"s. That place has been a MAJOR joke since 1995 or earlier. I have absolutely no clue how they're still in business.

that place sucks balls.. i wandered in a year ago and found a box of "international" records unpriced. lady said everything in it would be five bucks. i pull the first gal costa and she's like oh no that's fifty dollars. then i looked at it again and realized it had "reprise" on the cover.

at the counter i could see the spines of 4 or 5 VU and Nicos. who knows if they were og, because when i reached for em she snapped "Those are sold!" i asked her if they were sold why were they still there. she goes "they will be sold!" i balled up my first and thought "Djukic!" like seinfeld going off on Newman.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Malaysia... missed out on the weekend fleamarkets.

Four rows of Kualywood soundtracks but he wasn't selling, only for fondling purposes.

Basement of the Amcorp Mall, if you feel like needledropping on Tamil, Chinese, Malay and Indian records this is the place to be. Western stuff too here.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    this is me at that spot in SF across from the pizza shop, I think its in the north beach area
    I forgot the name, its a music shop with a basement full of records

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    this is me at that spot in SF across from the pizza shop, I think its in the north beach area
    I forgot the name, its a music shop with a basement full of records

I almost got crushed by falling crates in that shop. What an ironic death for a digger I thought as I caught the crates coming down towards my head. Found a few good records though.

• facesdfacesd 236 Posts
    Here are some pics from various Tokyo Disk Unions:

• DUNE493DUNE493 223 Posts
    NEW JERSEY

the same place.

A shed in PUERTO RICO.

inside.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I rarely find stores out here that have rooms of records stacked to ceiling any more.
    When I do they look like what they are, the records that didn't sell at the garage sale.

Even our junk stores keep their record displays neat and orderly. Goodwill individual prices records $1.99 and up.

• Edit: Meant to PM.