Questions about ASAP Rocky "LiveLoveASAP"

2»

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i was kinda digging this album and then its like whoa skrillex and i haven't really given it a good listen after that

b/w

i'm going to be in harlem for the rest of the month. is this what's hot in the streets?

b/w

anyone have a drake-less version of fucking problems???

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    From what I've heard this sounds cool but not quite on the level of the mixtape + Goldie which feels like an old song by now. Skrillex and Drake collabos are unfortunate but that's what you get for living in 2012.

• PatrickCrazy said:
    i was kinda digging this album and then its like whoa skrillex and i haven't really given it a good listen after that

b/w

i'm going to be in harlem for the rest of the month. is this what's hot in the streets?

ASAP Rocky is doing a pre-release event at Black Star Video on 128th and Lenox
    http://www.facebook.com/events/129159733909200/

Also check out the Lenox Lounge before it get's a facelift.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    williedynamite said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

b/w

ASAP Rocky is doing a pre-release event at Black Star Video on 128th and Lenox
    http://www.facebook.com/events/129159733909200/

Also check out the Lenox Lounge before it get's a facelift.
    wont be there until this weekend and early morning work prevents me from going out during weekdays :(

• then maybe you should just look up at the stars and put the Beatles on

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    haha that would definitely put me to sleep when i actually need to be asleep

edit: wow just realized that was a drake line...

• I hadn't really paid attention to him, but I like the new album. It's about 50-60% good and the rest are filler. I dig the good stuff though.

Long live ASAP is a nice opener.

Goldie, which is new to me, is pretty hot. Hit Boy samples a pretty heavy duty library record, which I can't remember the name of.

I really like 1 Train just for the idea of it. Pretty cool that he got them all on there, even if not everyone really drops classics. Just a cool combo of people for a fairly high profile release like this.

Skrillex song gets skipped every time.

I live the slow build and the styling on Suddenly.

Somebody should count the "unh"s on this album. There's tons of them.

• ASAP Double Post

• See, I like the Skrillex song and almost always skip the opening track. His falsetto bugs me.

• I like the beat for the opener. Do you mean the falsetto of the sample?
    Edit: Is that him singing? The liner notes list a sample, so I figured it was someone else. I see that some girl named Laura Jane Lowther sings on it, but maybe she's just the backup.

The synth on the skrillex bugs me. It feels out of place with everything else. The song starts alright and then gets rolling and I'm like "oh, this song."

• I've seen him perform it twice on television, once on Letterman with A-Trak, Clark Kent, and Araabmuzik, and he sings it. Poorly.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    I hath ridden. His live show was ok, but his opener Schoolboy Q was way better.