NOOOOOOOOOO (NRR)

bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
edited December 2012 in Strut Central
Introducing.....MEGGINGS!!

(To be clear - this is not a comment on masculinity, but on how my eyes will tear up. Same way when bicycle shorts and spandex exercise pants are near. Sticking a bunch of cool motifs on them doesn't make a difference)

Comments

• i just copped a pair of these with a zubaz print in the 1984 denver nuggets colorway.

pics to follow

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    LEL ^

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I remember those from back in the early 80s, and no, I didn't wear them.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    oh my gosh! you're right! guys were rocking them with little buckled ankle boots! I had blocked it out....along with most goth-themed horrors.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• I'm wearing some right now. No lie. (Granted, I'm still in bed, but still...comfy as f*ck!) In all fairness though, I bought them at Lady Foot Locker, so don't get it twisted...I'm wearing WOMEN's leggings, NOT 'meggings.' I ain't scared.

I rock 'em under shorts or on real cold days under pants (never on their own though). They keep me warmer than thermals.

• i would rock them around the house, NO LIE

• cookbook said:
    i would rock them around the house, NO LIE

"long janes"?

• The men's options were boring ass solid colors. Mine have a fly ass tribal/winter print. (I've purchased women's sneakers too. Sometimes the colorways are just better.)

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Met my sister and 2 yr old nephew the other day and nephew was sporting a pair of tight pink leggings. I inquired with nephew about his smart new trousers and was informed "I duna pooh. Came out." Turns out he'd had a case of some rather explosive diarrhoea whilst at a (female) friend's house. He was looking "very rock'n' roll" I reassured him, and back to tormenting his brother he went.

I think that if ever saw a guy rocking meggings. He may be thinking he's rock'n'roll. But I'll be thinking that he's probably had a bad case of explosive diarrhoea and had to borrow some girls leggings.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    bassie said:
    oh my gosh! you're right! guys were rocking them with little buckled ankle boots! I had blocked it out....along with most goth-themed horrors.
    I used to know a dude named Daniel (no, not that one) who rocked some of the Lip Service jernts, with the skull-and-dagger motif. He started them off as part of a hair-metal type ensemble with sleeveless Faster Pussycat (what's up, Risa) t-shirts and slouch boots and bandanas tied mid-thigh and back-length hair with the Sun-In and carrying drumsticks around for no reason et cetera et cetera. But then he started going out with moody aspiring goth girl Cindy, and changed up his whole shit, with the Charlie Sexton hair and over-long white button-ups and leaning on me to shoplift him a copy of The Stranger and so on, but was nonetheless able to keep rocking the meggings. Context is everything, I guess.

There was a "goth girls" thread on soulstrut several years back that was revelatory.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Can someone find a photo of J.J. from Good Times in his Red Pajamas w/ the Dyno-Mite Chest symbol.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Herm said:
    I ain't scared.

Awesome, but unfortunately not the case for everyone who has to see you in them.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

• HarveyCanal said:
    Herm said:
    I ain't scared.

Awesome, but unfortunately not the case for everyone who has to see you in them.

Herm said:
    I ain't scared.

Best image I can find and would like to say they don't really count.

Not skin tight and appeared to be all organic materials....as opposed to non-breathable synthetics.I just grossed myself out .

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    If these become mainstream, as opposed to heavy metal/goth/..., expect to see fat middle aged men wearing them.

Come to think of it, I have already seen that.

And in Portland it's common to see guys walking around in bicycle shorts (or longs) which is the same thing. (The bicycle guys will tell you it is not.)

Now, can we change the name. Menlegings?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Chubby Stump Shrinkwrap

• Herm said:
    I'm wearing some right now. No lie. (Granted, I'm still in bed, but still...comfy as f*ck!) In all fairness though, I bought them at Lady Foot Locker, so don't get it twisted...I'm wearing WOMEN's leggings, NOT 'meggings.' I ain't scared.

I rock 'em under shorts or on real cold days under pants (never on their own though). They keep me warmer than thermals.

Long jawns are essential threads up here in the Great White North.

and I've seen some dudes pull off the man-tights look...usually with tall leather boots and a blazer (sorta on some polo jockey steez)

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    The only funny thing this show ever did:

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Punks have been rocking these since the late 70's.

Calm down.

Does fun make you uncomfortable?

• bassie said:
    Introducing.....MEGGINGS!!

i don't know what's more off-putting for me, the pants themselves or that the guy looks like a hobbit jeremy sisto with a preposterously incongruous leg width to shoulder diameter ratio

Here, cleanse your palate with this.

• can't move product without proper advertising.

• OligeeOligee 289 Posts
    LULZ @ this whole thread. We have a winner!!
    Meggings are the new Jnco

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    bassie said:
    Does fun make you uncomfortable?
    Some people are fun-o-phylactic

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts

I've tried to make it through this thread without saying nut-hugger, but it now seems necessary.
    As unsightly as Lil Wayne's poopy pants are, it is still one suffocating sperm better than that painted-on look.

It goes for both sexes!
    Camel-toes and nut-huggers - just say no.