GAFFLED! The_Gaffler Appreciation Post

vinylstalkervinylstalker 397 Posts
edited November 2012 in Strut Central
Yep, I've done been gaffled.

I have been through some pretty intense family stuff this year in DC, asked the strut
for some advice on the city and The Gaffler was the first to extend his hand.
DUDE IS DUDE. Really went above and beyond, just a really friendly and helpful cat.

Super nice, real funny, and dude has records and knows how to mix 'em.

Thanks for errthang M**t, you get props down here.

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Team Soulstrut!

Good poster! Would read again A+++

I wish I could just travel the world and check out spots that strutters ride for in their city.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    vinylstalker said:
    The Gaffler was the first to extend his hand.
    DUDE IS DUDE. Really went above and beyond, just a really friendly and helpful cat.
    True Story!!!

I can't count how many times my stoner ass forgot slipmats, needles, or power adapters in and around DC. Gaffler to the rescue every time! Seriously a prince among thieves, and down to hit up a fancy embassy soir??e, or drink a 12 of boh and drive a suzuki samurai through rock creek.

• Like Goldfish crackers on a bar, he is an occasional but unexpected pleasure to see and cuts through the National Bohemian sips with a welcome freshness!

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Much love to teh Gaffler. Partied hardy during a visit to DC and he didn't make a huge deal about my ghostly-pallored hangover the next day. I tried to hang

• True Story!!

Here's another one:
    Teh_Gaffler is absolutely the best dude evar to be smokin a doob under a bridge
    with while being accosted by a sexually curious crack head carrying a large stick.

Dude calmly offered a nip from the flask and kept it movin'.
    NERVES OF STEEL.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Great posteur, it must be soulfully proclaimed!!

• Thank you! I appreciate the love from everyone. It has been a crazy story of sorts hanging with vinylstalker over this past year. Remember that night when you came to my old place and met SecretChimp? And yes we did get an odd request from a man under the P St. bridge (ha! like that's a first for anyone.)

Everyone who I've met from here has been great. That being said, I'm glad people can handle my wilding sometimes. And if anyone wants to visit DC give me a shout. Hopefully it's on a weekend Delay is round the way.

Here's a picture of a neighborhood Nautica Van.

• Got more Simpsons references than a muthafucka! Appreciated!

• no joke dude taught me how to tie my damn shoes. appreciated.

• keep calm, study islam. smoke cigarettes.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    gafflingly incredible

• meistromoco said:
    no joke dude taught me how to tie my damn shoes. appreciated.

• The-gaffler said:
    meistromoco said:

look at that form!

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    M*** is a real cool dude. Had this cat over my crib a while back. Did a trade, got lifted, hang out for a few. Dude is definitely good people.

• Breez! That was a good time. Small world that my boy lived like 10mins from your crib that night. Hope to see you again sometime. Come down to DC

You too white_tea!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    vinylstalker said:
    Yep, I've done been gaffled.

I have been through some pretty intense family stuff this year in DC, asked the strut
    for some advice on the city and The Gaffler was the first to extend his hand.

Super nice, real funny, and dude has records and knows how to mix 'em.

Thanks for errthang M**t, you get props down here.

Hey Vinylstalker,

Yes, M**t is the man, indeed. He comes with the record knowledge, comedy, and drops the hot mixes. He showed me much love during my trek to DC back in June. He was the consummate host, sold me some LPs, took me to a cool record shop, and showed me a great time out at the French Embassy party. Gaffler, if you're ever up in Dirty Jerz, holla at ya boy!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Big Stacks! That was a good weekend. Glad we were able to find you a parking place close by too, haha. Also the place is finally finished so no more sitting on milk crates. I'll be making my way up north soon enough and will definitely holleur. Same goes for all the other NYC folls.

In other news, a certain someone else came through town last night.

Now let us reflect on the unfortunate passing of the drum machine last night. :dead: :goat:

• meistromoco said:
    The-gaffler said:
    meistromoco said:

look at that form!

• Just found out; Can't say I ever recall interacting directly, but I'll leave it to the man himself to sum up my thoughts:

The-gaffler said:
    Everyone who I've met from here has been great.