DEODATOFF-September 13-->PRELUDE TO A BEATOFF! WHO'S IN?!!

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    The deadline is coming up soon, I have the feeling by beatsmith silence that it might have to be extended?

• I'm out. Insane amount of school work until the 10th. I tried working on this one night and just wasn't getting anywhere. I'm too tired. Extension not necessary for me. I'm Audi 5.

• ready for upload

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    i respect the deadline. i can get somewhere reasonable by then.

• MeepMeep 320 Posts
    My schedule is too crazy too make something halfway decent so unfortunately I'm out. I'll be back!

• ready for upload here
    I tried a few times to make something but in the end I just sat down for an hour or so and tweaked out a beat
    I'm sure some of yall will make some heat, can't wait to hear

• I got something together this time but I got to back out.... I couldn't get much past a loop, It's been awhile since I messed around with sampling and it shows.

Good luck to anyone still trying to finsh!

• Is it ok if i upload a 2-track without a proper mix cause i starting tracking this beat today and i might not have enough time to properly mix it.
    So a straight recording from the MPC is all i can do for now......

Is the deadline 24:00 tonight on the EU side?

I'm extending the deadline to 12/12, 11:59 pm PST.

• Thanks Non!! now i can chill for a minute and not lose sleep over this.

• any chance on getting the soundcloud link to upload? not going to be around the interwebz on the 12th

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    after some packed weeks, finally got a few hours off, sunday afternoon became deodato day for me haha, heavy showfall outside, hung over from yesterdays xmas beer and way too much vodka related event, anyway joint is done, and with a couple days to go before deadline, holla at us with the link john

I will do that tomorrow

• EkiMEkiM 40 Posts
    right. sorry guys. I can't make this one till the 12th. it's been one hectic motherfucking month and i didn't have enough time to get anything done.

i hope it's still gonna go down for the following months seeing that less people are participating every month.

sorry non.

have a good one.

Hi everybody,
    I sent out the PM for the uploading. I am leaving the deadline soft. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I'd like to have a critical mass of at least 10 to do this. Tweak and upload what you got and let's get to 10. Slackeurs and softbatches, get your samplin movin and get this done. I like these beatoffs a lot and don't want them to die slowly!!!!!
    10-15 winners and Thes mentioned he could get your raer pressed! That's fucking swank. Let's do this shit!

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    C'mon guys! Get to it!

• It's super lame but I just can't do this. my shit is depressingly bad and boring.
    I'm going to keep my mouth shut next time and only sign up if I have something finished..
    I'm sorry folks!

For those that have something partially done, just finish something interesting and throw it up there since I made it a soft deadline here. I'm looking for a "critical mass" of 10 tracks posted.
    For those that have already posted, please PM me your track name.
    Thanks!

• I'm still really interested in the beatoffs. This one just didn't work out for me.

THIS SONG IS AMAZING. JUST LISTEN TO THIS:

Everyone who has sampled it hasn't even gotten past those first few tremendous bars. If you haven't even mentioned yourself yet and wanna do something, do it now. The flutes in this song alone are bananas, let alone the middle brass section!

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I didn't raise my hand for the last two beatoffs because I knew I wouldn't have time for it. Still very interested in participating though, and I definitely want to see it continue, so I decided to squeeze in some hours for Deodatoff today even though december is such a bitch. Got a basic template down for something decent. About 50% done. I'll have something ready for sure if the deadline is still soft. Will get back on it tonight or tomorrow morning and finish it up.

Dudes, let's do this!

The_Non, can you send me the upload info?

i wasn't happy with mine but i just uploaded it anyway. let's have some fun with this!

i wasn't happy with mine but i just uploaded it anyway. let's have some fun with this!

Some interesting things posted so far! 6 up! If someone tried to post a track entitled "Due Date," please PM me immediately!. Thanks!

• Can someone send me a proper link of deodatoff? i can't find it. All i see one track each time and not the whole thing? what's up with that?
    Like the whole thing is masked or something........

• Ok, now i know why!! Duh!!

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    jammy said:
    let's have some fun with this!

7 up so far you bastards! 3 mas+ and we're golden!

If you didn't PM me the name of your track, please PM it to me now!

The_Non said:
    If you didn't PM me the name of your track, please PM it to me now!
    If your track is entitled "Did It Off", please PM me!!