Bad 25

DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
edited December 2012 in Strut Central
Holy mother of fuck.

:face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt:

Too much good stuff. The sequence describing the whole genesis of Man In The Mirror is, literally, breathtaking.

This needed to be made.

Comments

• 'Mazing. So glad I caught this on BBC2 last night. Really nicely put together. Some great archive including B Roll from the Bad film shoot, in the studio (Quincey Jones on the apples) and Michael's own camcorder aide-memoire recordings.
    Need to see that whole set at Wembley. T.A.F.
    What an incredible talent. Very sad x 1000000.

ps.
    The Soul Train guy.. who gives himself a high 5. :shreddin_it:

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Anyone pick up the three-CD set? That live set looked tantalizing.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    This came on Thanxgiving evening, and switched between this and The Soul Train Awards.
    I told my mother that didnt want to see MJ in Budapest for the 1000th time w/ teenagers fallin out footage and shit.
    It was way way better than what I expected.

The Bad backstory of Scorsese using the Edmund Perry story for MJ is that shit.
    The B&W footage was ill too. Dude was goin' "GHETTO" and shit......
    I knew Jefferey Daniels(Shalamar/Soul Train Dancer) worked w/ MJ but I thought it was earlier like The Wiz/OTW era.
    Dude taught MJ the Moonwalk(BackSlide).

I got up to The Way U Make Me Feel and Librarian Girl and didnt get to finish it.
    Cissy Houston was singing A Bridge Over Troubled Waters over at the Award show.

I need to own it.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I think the version that showed on the BBC last night may have been significantly longer than the ABC version shown in the US last week. Obviously the DVD/Blu-Ray release will have a ton of extra shit.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts
    I did not listen to any MJ output after this. Freakshow-R.

Rewatching the "Bad" video for the first time since it was fresh, I realised...

...Surely this is the zenith for "Cha!", "Dah!", "A-hee!" and of course, "Shamone!"s?

• I only saw the making of the Bad video part, didn't realise it was about the whole LP - had to turn off after 10 mins, due to staggering levels of arslikhan from all involved. One of the weirdest, campest videos ever made, and they're all acting like it's Raging Bull part deux.

Hopefully the rest of the doc wasn't so odd.

Had the regular 25th anniversary in my hand today. And then asked the clerk for the "deluxe" version.
    He went to the back and gave me the "box" version with the extra songs, and the live in whatever country, and some other posters and shit.

I though there was a super deluxe version that contained the Spike Lee DVD. Thats what I want.
    I dont really care about the extra unreleased songs and the terrible Euro-mixes added.

• I dug out the album after watching the first part of the documentary.

Despite listening to it endlessly as a young kid the only tunes that stood up for me were "Another Part of Me" and "Liberian Girl". Also, I don't think Quincy Jones should have produced it.

Bad on whole is kinda wack, but the bangers are bangers.

I listened to it straight through twice in my lifetime.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    batmon said:
    Had the regular 25th anniversary in my hand today. And then asked the clerk for the "deluxe" version.
    He went to the back and gave me the "box" version with the extra songs, and the live in whatever country, and some other posters and shit.

I though there was a super deluxe version that contained the Spike Lee DVD. Thats what I want.
    I dont really care about the extra unreleased songs and the terrible Euro-mixes added.

Haha -- I was in the exact same scenario. Best Buy, 3-CD boxed set but no Spike Lee for $39.99. Even being at Best Buy with the intention of blowing some money, I couldn't pull the trigger. Still need to hear that Live at Wembley though.