Let freedom ring with a buckshot...

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited November 2012 in Strut Central

Comments

• ^^ has a gerbil on his christmas list

• ^^^^^^Spent last Thursday thinking about Moors in Baghdad, Turkey.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Let it go already, sheesh.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Jokes aside, it was pretty interesting to hear him talk about his writing process.

• I watched the video. The one thing he didn't really explain is....how he came up with that pile of bullshit.

• HarveyCanal said:

Let what go? All I did was post a video of the man himself explaining a song that was, for lack of a better term, epic in that particular scene during that particular time, despite its' historical inaccuracy.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Herm said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Let what go? All I did was post a video of the man himself explaining a song that was, for lack of a better term, epic in that particular scene during that particular time, despite its' historical inaccuracy.

SHARK BAIT.

• HarveyCanal said:
    Herm said:
    HarveyCanal said:

SHARK BAIT.

Nah, none of that. It popped up on my blogs and I figured I'd share it here 'cause it's been discussed before. I sincerely found his explanation interesting.

• I'm still amazed how man people (including myself) got hoodwinked into buying Soul On Ice under the belief / hype that it was going to be a solid album.
    I can handle a track or two and that's it.

bboyparkz said:
    I'm still amazed how man people (including myself) got hoodwinked into buying Soul On Ice under the belief / hype that it was going to be a solid album.
    I can handle a track or two and that's it.

I bought the cassette and the vinyl. Double hoodwinked!

But while I haven't listened to it in a long time, back then I cut it down to a decent EP with good use of the fast-forward button:

"On Earth As It Is...."
    "Reelishymn"
    "Sonset"
    "Drama"
    "The Evil That Men Do"

• Yeah it's basically a good EP. Add "Don't Catch Me Running" and you have an even better tape. Some good stuff got left off due to sample clearance issues.

rootlesscosmo said:
    Yeah it's basically a good EP. Add "Don't Catch Me Running" and you have an even better tape. Some good stuff got left off due to sample clearance issues.

And then "Come Widdit" as a bonus track.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    +Soul on Ice Remix and Miami Life

• Well once we start talking about guest shots, you could almost do an EP of those alone.

Come Widdit, Get Up Get Down, Plastic Surgery....plus the Wake Up show flows.

The dude had some nice verses; he just wasn't an "album" kinda guy.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Cleanse my palate with this again: