djing in your browser (www.partycloud.fm)

nutriciousnutricious 118 Posts
edited November 2012 in Strut Central
sorry if this was mentioned here already, but i came across this website today. it's essentially a fullblown computer dj app (including automatic "sync" and "automix" for the lazy types) with external controller options planned for the future:

partycloud.com

it was kinda shocking to me how well it is executed. having access to the whole soundcloud library is pretty impressive! i'm wondering how this will/could affect djing in the long run... anyway, fun to play around with for sure!

Comments

• francois parkerfrancois parker formerly know as Parkz. 125 Posts
    I can not believe how well that works, my first time digital DJing sat here at home with a coffee, not learning how to do it or set up, its unreal.
    Damn, this is really going to fuck up DJ/club culture more than it already is.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    francois parker said:
    I can not believe how well that works, my first time digital DJing sat here at home with a coffee, not learning how to do it or set up, its unreal.

Ain't that the truth. Pretty damn slick.

• oripsorips 238 Posts
    Cool new tool. Took me no time at all to start mixing. Bookmarked.

• francois parker said:

it definitely won't help record sales... although the sound quality is probably too poor for ze club (but isn't that what some people said about microwave at first too!?) at this early point in development!

• yeah i have been checking this for a few days and it is pretty cool, i like that i can pull up my soundcloud tracks and mix them, i did find when scrolling through the tracks there were a few glitches/dropouts on which ever track was playing or when loading tracks from different genres..loop features are cool and the effects aren't bad, i like that the pitch shifters show BPM's as well and not actual pitch...filter is dope as well, wish there was hi's on the EQ section though...