Leong Lau - Malaysian/Australian funk goodness

double-o-souldouble-o-soul 13 Posts
edited November 2012 in Strut Central
For those of you who have come across the Dragon Man or Rongeng Sound albums....here is an interview with the elusive Leong Lau and some of th cats who played with him in the 70's.... http://bit.ly/THuNL6

I'm chasing anyone who might have come across the Mother Nature Rock Festival album by Leong (Sunscape Records). He'd like to reissue it but needs a copy as the masters have been lost.

Also if you own one of his records but live anywhere but Australia I'd love to hear from you...... Id like to know how far have these records traveled.

Comments

• thanks for posting this (will have a good listen after work). been keeping an eye out for Leong's stuff since hearing about his work through Kinetics nice blog - to no avail so far.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Nice work with the interview.....

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Nice work J****

Great show, and I'm not just saying that because you included me in it! I really liked listening to the other musicians talk about how crazy it was working with Leong. I got this impression from briefly exchanging emails with the drummer from the Rongeng session a few years back. Great to have the full story finally told.

EDIT: and you know I still doubt that that second album even exists!

• I've never heard this dude before. Started listening to the podcast and it sounds real interesting. Definitely gonna check out this guy. Thank you for this.
    Btw, that girl Susan on the phone sounds hot as hell - love the Australian accent:D