If one more white person says URBAN instead of BLACK.....

2»

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    This was discussed in the 80s already.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    ive had people admit to me that they avoid talking to ENTIRE groups of people NOT because of hate, but out of fear of what to adress them as without offense.

???
    Even people from the most exotic groups have names. Tell your idiot friends to address people by their names.
    The can start by saying "My name is Darryl, what is your name?".

• LaserWolf said:
    vintageinfants said:
    ive had people admit to me that they avoid talking to ENTIRE groups of people NOT because of hate, but out of fear of what to adress them as without offense.

???
    Even people from the most exotic groups have names. Tell your idiot friends to address people by their names.

that is my answer 100% of the time. and this is not people i consider friends either. this is encounters on a professional level. apparently there's no room for identity in the business world?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    LaserWolf said:
    vintageinfants said:

???

that is my answer 100% of the time. and this is not people i consider friends either. this is encounters on a professional level. apparently there's no room for identity in the business world?

I should have known. Hope I didn't come off too harsh.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    vintageinfants said:

???

That's what I usually say. Just to fuck with people though. My name's not Darryl.

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    coded language again....and horribly misapplied.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/11/beyond-the-urban-vote/265193/

:walk_away_son: :racist:

• LaserWolf said:

There was also a brief period of time in the early 60s when there was no R&B charts, just the pop chart.
    This was good for big stars like Ray Charles, but hurt stars with less crossover.

Actually, it might have helped in a weird way. In 1964 (the year that Billboard suspended their R&B listings), records by B.B. King, Irma Thomas, Joe Hinton, Tommy Tucker ("Hi-Heel Sneakers"), Bobby Bland and several other unlikely black artists made the pop Top 40 that year.