Righteous fury: VENT!

skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
edited November 2012 in Strut Central
When was, and what were the circumstances of, the last time you were absolutely livid?

I mean, threat issuing, red mist seeing, hands shaking, adrenalin pumping, total fucking outrage at some completely unjustified effrontery that made you want to butt a hole through a wall or punch the living daylights out of some POS.

This happened to me last week.
The selfish c**t I was disastrously involved with asked me to give, not lend, the required taxes and legal fees to her to buy my half of my house from me, and not pay for my half for 16 years, by which time I'll prolly be fucking dead. And all this whilst the situation has left me essentially homeless and needing to offload every treasured asset I have for cash.

I am still fucking fuming about ithe sheer audacity required to preside over such brazen insolence.

B/w
the desire for revenge is the confirmation of pain.

Comments

• you should have made a counteroffer to her offer, al swearingen style. sounds like you guys should be selling this house and splitting proceeds of sale. do you have a lawyer?

b/w

con men tend to really piss me off:
    http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/classifieds/indepth/85_sovietcubanbollywoodpolish_funk_items_added

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Children's law here says I can't get it til the youngest is 18.
    I've been through this with a fine toothcomb.

There are several triggers written into the legals that allow me to get the money ahead of time: cohabitation, vacating the property, sale of property, bankruptcy etc.

I just wanna fund my last good years properly, you know?

• i have to say, i am sad to hear that this is the reason you are selling off your raers. damn.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Relationship break-ups are prime material for emotional explosions. I have been through a few of these within the last 2 years since breaking up with my ex (and mother of my daughter). I remember one particularly bad occurrence where I swear the only reason I held back was purely because of an upbringing that taught me to never hit a woman (I didn't).

After a while I realized that the only person suffering my wrath was, naturally, myself. I was feeding off pure emotion. Not a good thing.
    I decided to try the complete opposite reaction - say nothing, don't react and walk away.

Now my ex by this point had learned how to push my buttons and was especially good at pushing the big red button that was our daughter.
    One day as she's dropping her off to me, she casually mentions how she's decided she's going to move to California to be with a new man she's met and in love with and that I "should try to work out some kind of plan so you can still see your daughter"...
    I just kinda murmured "mmm hmmm" and walked away. The next morning at 9am I was already on the phone with my attorney and we successfully filed an emergency motion that day to 'Prevent a minor from leaving Miami-Dade County'. This basically means that our daughter cannot leave her home county without the authorization of a judge - any attempt to do so without would be seen as kidnapping with appropriate charges. Now bear in mind this applies equally to me as well as my ex.

Later that week I had to meet with my ex for a conference at our daughter's school. My ex picked me up, and as we were driving she received the phone call from her attorney informing her of the motion.
    When we got out the car she just looked at me and said "Really?"
    I replied 'Really."
    She asked "What do you have to say about this?"
    I replied "Everything I have to say you just heard from your own attorney."

At that moment I realized that felt much better than blowing my top and screaming at her for being a selfish cunt.

Damn that's good shit.

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    Now this is one serious mutha of a thread.

• I get angry too much and too quickly.

It is generally at other people frustrating me by being unreliable or being inconsistent.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    I punch a lot of walls.
    I don't like people violence, but the punching the inanimate walls really helps me unwind.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Awful news, Skel. Sorry to hear what you're going through.

Your story made me think of this, and I hope it cheers you up a bit:

Kindly,
    parallax

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    There is always a silver lining in the clouds. You might not see it now, but something good will come out of it.

• skel said:

I just wanna fund my last good years properly, you know?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, DISASTER STOCKS.

All kidding aside (I'm not kidding about disaster stocks), I feel for you man, keep your head up.

As far as venting goes, I don't like the dudes that go slow on the switch backs on the way to work. But then I think of my disaster stock portfolio and I glow.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Thankfully, I can't even remember the last time I was that mad. I used to be angry young man to a default and in my older age, what's the point of exacerbating the situation by piling some fit of rage on top of what's already upsetting me?

And to hell with ever exacting revenge either? Karma takes care of all without any effort being wasted.

I mean, Skel, I can see why you are so bothered, and you have every right to be. But just make the next smart move that works for you and you'll get past all that bs soon enough.

• i had this hideous couch in my basement.

i don't know whose it was (former tenant-r) and i REALLY don't know how it got down there. it was completely flabbergasting. the sheer dimensions of this couch all but disqualified it from getting downstairs, let alone back UP through the same 180 degree-turning corridor so i could bin it.

and then one afternoon i found out an ex was sending emails to my close circle of friends, on some besmirch-my-character type shit, and rage levels went critical mass.

i managed to focus enough to go into the garage and grab my 25oz framing hammer, a stilleto pry bar, a box-cutter and a bottle of bourbon and went down to the basement.

about 25mins later, no two pieces of couch remained connected and i looked upon the heaps of rubble i had created and saw that it was good.

i didn't pick up the phone, I didn't text or email, I didn't shout at the kids playing out front of my house, I just destroyed with severe impunity something that needed destroyin'.

cathartic as a word hardly does it justice.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    i had this hideous couch in my basement.

i don't know whose it was (former tenant-r) and i REALLY don't know how it got down there. it was completely flabbergasting. the sheer dimensions of this couch all but disqualified it from getting downstairs, let alone back UP through the same 180 degree-turning corridor so i could bin it.

and then one afternoon i found out an ex was sending emails to my close circle of friends, on some besmirch-my-character type shit, and rage levels went critical mass.

i managed to focus enough to go into the garage and grab my 25oz framing hammer, a stilleto pry bar, a box-cutter and a bottle of bourbon and went down to the basement.

about 25mins later, no two pieces of couch remained connected and i looked upon the heaps of rubble i had created and saw that it was good.

i didn't pick up the phone, I didn't text or email, I didn't shout at the kids playing out front of my house, I just destroyed with severe impunity something that needed destroyin'.

I hear that. I will not go into the circumstances, but I reduced a pottery plate to powder on my kitchen floor the other day. Had just enough self-control to make sure it hit perfectly level on the floor for maximum explosiveness.

It wasn't the plate's fault, but then, I didn't really like that plate anyway.

Ha that's so good. Take that you couch! How dare you!

And Harvey I hear you.

Serenity has been restored.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    i had this hideous couch in my basement.

Cuz this thread has gotten so wild, I was hoping for a chainsaw. Still satisfying though.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    meatyogre said:
    There is always a silver lining in the clouds. You might not see it now, but something good will come out of it.
    i am really struggling to believe this at the moment.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I too have killed a couch. One former, idiot housemate when sent out with collective funds to purchase superior comfort for tired buttocks, instead came home with some god uncomfortable, made by reformed blind lepers, fairtrade piece of shit that seemed to be held together by goodwill to all mankind but most of all suckers.
    Inevitably it fell to bits in under 6 months and we had to buy a new one. But when trying to remove said piece of fundament housing, what started as "to me - to you", "no your end down a bit" buffoonery soon escalated into moans and accusations, as they somehow managed to get it stuck in doorway to the kitchen. I decided the only obvious remedy to this predicament was to stomp on it until it was of a more ergonomic form. Much flailing of arms and stomping of feet ensued, all to a soundtrack of cursing and acrimony as I unleashed 11 stones of repressed English fury into that couch.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i dont get mad

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i just get money

Okem said:
    Ias I unleashed 11 stones of repressed English fury into that couch.

Aka furiously punishing your couch

• skel said:
    Okem said:
    Ias I unleashed 11 stones of repressed English fury into that couch.

Aka furiously punishing your couch

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Yes. Remarkably accurate.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Not forgetting this classic

& the whiteboi remix

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,888 Posts
    holmes said:
    meatyogre said:
    i am really struggling to believe this at the moment.

Some kind of change is in order.

I still believe that one day I will be able to kill people with my mind, that's what keeps me going.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    badder_than_evil said:

It is generally at other people frustrating me by being unreliable or being inconsistent.

cove said:
    I punch a lot of walls.
    I don't like people violence, but the punching the inanimate walls really helps me unwind.

I have to be really angry to punch a wall, and it's usually girls that provoke this reaction in me. But this means getting angry stops me articulating things in a coherent manner, and this means I'll bottle up some of the negative shit that's got me mad, and usually end up storing things that should be said, and I come away feeling like I've made life very easy for the other person while making myself look foolish.
    With age I've gotten better at dealing with confrontation and speaking my mind (learnt to speak it early to avoid anger - especially in work related situations were I don't take any sh*t from anyone), but yeah, just occasionally I will flip my lid, and it's inconsistency and double-standards that irritate me the most. And girls :lol:

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Okay, I'm reigning it in...but dammit, I just got pulled over and ticketed this morning...for my tags being out. When dude told me what he pulled me over for, I was like: So no traffic violation? And then when he came back from his car with the ticket written out, I told him: I don't mean to be rude to you, but I can see if you pulled me over for speeding and then you saw that my tags were out. But this doesn't help anybody. And then he said the most furious sentence modern civilization has ever created, the go-to line for jerk-off's knowing full well that yes, they are indeed jerk-off's. This young ass cop supposedly hired to serve the community told me: I'M JUST DOING MY JOB. Can you believe that? The gall of this guy. To which I said: WELL THEN, IT'S A POOR JOB. Then I drove off.

Go beat down a chair, Harv!

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,888 Posts
    The client has two buildings where I work, one of which houses all the suits, the other is mostly tech guys like me. We notice that when visiting the suits, their people are keen to not display the most basic of manners.

This morning, my mate tells me he was entering building behind a female suit. She lets the door slam in his face. It's their way of dissing us because we don't have to wear a suit and therefore, must earn less than them, be far less important and therefore exist to be shat on to make them look good.

"Thanks!" he says sarcastically.

"If I don't want to hold the door open for you, I won't!" comes the tetchy reply.

I can't get my head around the kind of mental software these people are running.

BTW I bet my bollocks to a barn dance we earn more than them.