Show Me Your Guitars

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Dubious said:
    here's most of em

Reminds me of the YouTube video where Yngwie has all his vintage strats in a pile!

• SmallAxeRick said:
    Epiphone Riviera Custom w/ 3 P90's and a Bigsby Tailpiece
    Fender Acoustic/Electric

That Riviera is so sweet. It's on the wantslist.

Also on the list (of guitars that are currently in production):

Peerless Wizard - Thinline full hollow

Gibson 2011 Firebird Studio Non-Reverse with coil-tapped P90s and phase switch for the middle pickup. That's 22 possible settings, not to mention the individual volume knobs.

Dean Palomino

Which is probably the closest I will be able to come to owning a rare Guild x-350 Stratford (Claydes Smith from K&TG;'s choice on the early records):

RAJ said:
    Dubious said:
    here's most of em

Reminds me of the YouTube video where Yngwie has all his vintage strats in a pile!

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    that Yngwie clip is fantastic "yeah dis one.. yeah a 54..very nice" launches it into the pile

another Yngwie CLASSIC is the one where he goes and buys a strat FF to 2:40 to witness the fury of his negotion powers

"my middle name is where hte fuck is a guitar pick"

-----

ive since gotten most of mine up on the wall

• Taking this picture makes me realize I have too many guitars lol..

From Left to right,
    Epiphone Rivioli II hollow bass - new needs a setup
    Yamaha Guitalele - 6 string uke, it's like a guitar I love it
    Harmony Rocket 60's 1 pup - My main axe, really love this one even tho it goes out of tune
    Harmony H75 3 pups moded with bigsby, beauty
    Epiphone Joe pass - Plays very nice but not too crazy bout the sound. Trying to sell/ trade it
    Ryoji Matsuoka - Classical guitar Japan 70's ish I think
    Fender fat strat - my first real guitar, upgraded to lollar pickups
    Ibanez SRX700 - endorsed by carol kaye great sounding bass I've used it on everything

I really like flat wounds on bass, I think I'll try tape wounds since you guys like em
    Attached files

• Beatsoup said:
    Taking this picture makes me realize I have too many guitars lol..

From Left to right,
    Epiphone Rivioli II hollow bass - new needs a setup
    Yamaha Guitalele - 6 string uke, it's like a guitar I love it
    Harmony Rocket 60's 1 pup - My main axe, really love this one even tho it goes out of tune
    Harmony H75 3 pups moded with bigsby, beauty
    Epiphone Joe pass - Plays very nice but not too crazy bout the sound. Trying to sell/ trade it
    Ryoji Matsuoka - Classical guitar Japan 70's ish I think
    Fender fat strat - my first real guitar, upgraded to lollar pickups
    Ibanez SRX700 - endorsed by carol kaye great sounding bass I've used it on everything

I really like flat wounds on bass, I think I'll try tape wounds since you guys like em

I've been intrigued by that Harmony H75. As far as I know, it's the only mass-produced thinline double cutaway full hollow body with 3 pickups. What do you think of it? How are the pickups? Have you had any experiences with it that indicate that it is less than a professional-quality instrument?

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    oh my god, new photobucket interface is driving me crazy.
    anyway.
    mid 60s Harmony Stratotone

2010 Republic Tri-Cone

1994 Epiphone

early/mid 70s Hohner L6S

1964 Simpson Pan-O-Sonic

1978 or 79 (I forget) Fender Precision Bass (hotted up with a Jazz Bass Pickup in the bridge & a DiMarzio in the middle, modified by me)

2001 Fender Telecaster

1962 Gretsch 6120 (removed pesky string mute, rewired it like a Gibson, installed tuneomatic bridge & coil tap, now it slays)

1964 Guild Starfire II

early/mid 70s (pre lawsuit) Ibanez ES345 (actually fully hollow & not stereo (I think it just looks the part)

1999 Fender Stratocaster (I fully rewired, shielded & put 3 humbuckers in this ha ha)

1987 Fender Stratocaster (I think this is an early attempt at a 50s reissue)

Early 70s Boss CE1 (this is so gangster, Chorus & Vibrato, they just took the circuitry out of a guitar amp & put it in a box, it runs straight from the wall socket, no adapter or batteries)

early 70s solid state Guild Copicat

• Otis_Funkmeyer said:

I've been intrigued by that Harmony H75. As far as I know, it's the only mass-produced thinline double cutaway full hollow body with 3 pickups. What do you think of it? How are the pickups? Have you had any experiences with it that indicate that it is less than a professional-quality instrument?

I'm a big fan of old Harmony and Silvertone stuff. The pickups are the main reason, the goldfoil design is really nice, even, clear and present. I think they are some of the best pickups around. My h75 is moded with grover tuners, new bridge and bigsby which are all nice things and make it better than stock. I didn`t do these mods, my other harmony is stock and it`s a great guitar other than my G string always going flat. It plays well but the neck is a bit warped due to its age something to look out for. Also if anything goes wrong with the electronics on these it would be very hard to fix. Mine are fine, knock on wood.

http://harmony.demont.net/guitars/H59/150.htm

The H59 is mostly the same thing three pick ups different knobs switches. This site is great. These guitars might give you problems due to their age but Tommy Breneck of the Dapkings, budos band ect ect. only uses these guitars from what I know. I love what he does with them.

• holmes said:

early/mid 70s (pre lawsuit) Ibanez ES345 (actually fully hollow & not stereo (I think it just looks the part)

Really nice collection, how does this one sound? Is close to a gibson, better than an Epiphone 335?

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Beatsoup said:
    holmes said:

Really nice collection, how does this one sound? Is close to a gibson, better than an Epiphone 335?
    yeah, just sounds like a Gibson, really nice, of course not as nice as the guitar it's copying but cool in it's own way, it has those hot early 70s Japanese humbuckers. Haven't compared it to the Epiphone, probably similar I would imagine.

• crabmongerfunk said:

Yeah, this is a great clip. Heartbreaking story about the Esquire... I would have ran after him!

• I got this fretless bass from a cousin. I think it's some custom built stuff.
    hm. I don't see the pictures in the preview.
    Attached files

• okay it's working

• Not even gonna bother with guitar pictures after seeing all these.. I use and abuse so buy cheap.. Usually in rotation are

couple of squier strats, 1 standard tuning 1 spanish with nut riser for slide
    got an epiphone SG G400 which gets used on neck pickup with tone right down
    entry level fender acoustic with 12's
    eko ranger
    70's precision copy, hondo I think
    couple of les paul copies, 1 standard tuning 1 spanish

electrics go through 60's carlsbro & marshall 4x12. Tube screamer, boss octave oc-2, cry baby, 70's solidstate copicat..
    sometimes use a valvestate 8100 head for the spring reverb...

• I did something I said I would never do and that's buy a new (as opposed to used) guitar. Any of the vintage stuff I'd like is too expensive and there's a lot of good buys in the new market these days.

P90s, non-reverse body w/cool color - couldn't resist.
    Thanks to Otis for hipping me to these.

• Horseleech said:
    I did something I said I would never do and that's buy a new (as opposed to used) guitar. Any of the vintage stuff I'd like is too expensive and there's a lot of good buys in the new market these days.

That's beautiful! Glad I could help. I got to try one out last week at Sam Ash and it felt awesome. Only the one I tried got some weird distortion on a couple of the out of phase settings. They said they would give me a deal on it, which I thought was a little strange. Fix the damn thing!

My new Tele came on Wednesday! Here she is:

More pics to come after she's all set up.

Otis_Funkmeyer said:
    Horseleech said:
    I did something I said I would never do and that's buy a new (as opposed to used) guitar. Any of the vintage stuff I'd like is too expensive and there's a lot of good buys in the new market these days.

That's beautiful! Glad I could help. I got to try one out last week at Sam Ash and it felt awesome. Only the one I tried got some weird distortion on a couple of the out of phase settings. They said they would give me a deal on it, which I thought was a little strange. Fix the damn thing!

My new Tele came on Wednesday! Here she is:

More pics to come after she's all set up.

Nice!

This thread is giving me G.A.S.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    BUMP b/w

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/pocketlabworks-iriffport-guitar-interface-for-ipad-iphone-and-ipod-touch

Anyone here got a real-world opinion of this? I mean, it's going to be a lot easier now I've got an iPad than to keep the existing setup er... setup in the room, while #2 son pulls the knobs off it :ayo:

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    b/w

Skel is flogging a top-of-the-range* Roland guitar synth too.

*In 1988.

• I ended up returning the Nashville because I hate that vintage six bridge, and picked up a new Blackout Deluxe. It's very similar to the Nashville but it has a modern bridge and the middle pickup is a second Tele neck style. Plus I prefer the look:

My GAS is now focused on the Les Paul Junior Specials that guitar center and musicians friend are currently selling for $500!!

Also tonight I'm checking out a Craigslist ad for a Guyatone Mighty Micro Torrid Fuzz pedal.

Otis_Funkmeyer said:

Also tonight I'm checking out a Craigslist ad for a Guyatone Mighty Micro Torrid Fuzz pedal.

These Fuzz Factorys are KILLER.

• RAJ said:
    Otis_Funkmeyer said:

Totally. Just have to be careful not to get too much squealing (good thing there is a built-in noise gate!). That "Stab(ility)" knob is mind-melting. I believe it has germanium transistors too, so should clean up nicely with the guitar volume knob, like a fuzz face.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Otis_Funkmeyer said:
    Horseleech said:

So I've been playing this for a few months now and I really love it. Gibson does seem to have some odd quality control issues these days - doing some thing very well (the finish is amazing) and skimping in some really basic things that wouldn't cost any money to do right. Mine doesn't seem to have any issues at all.

It plays great, sounds amazing and gets all kinds of different tones. I don't find the coil tapping all that useful, though I might if I played gigs. The phase feature is very handy, it gets a great sort scratchy tone for rhythm.

I'm eagerly awaiting this set up to arrive in the mail for getting tube distortion sounds at apartment volumes:

• RAJ said:
    Otis_Funkmeyer said:

Fuzz factory settings from TDPRI Telecaster forum

60's Fuzz 2:00 8:30 3:00 5:00??
    Arpegio 12:00 3:00 3:00 3:00??
    Bonkers Fuzz (1) 2:00 2:00 11:00 3:00??
    Bonkers Fuzz (2) 1:00 1:00 11:00 3:00??
    Clean Fuzz 5:00 2:00 11:00 5:00??
    Clean to OD 5:00 2:00 10:00 5:00??
    Fizzy Fizz 10:00 1:00 11:00 12:00??
    Fuzz Bright 1:00 12:00 1:00 4:00??
    Fuzz Distortion 12:00 12:00 3:00 9:00??
    Fuzz Mellow 1:00 12:00 1:00 9:00??
    Fuzz Splutter 3:00 12:00 3:00 9:00??
    Fuzz Squeal 9:00 12:00 3:00 9:00??
    Hi-Compression 3:00 9:00 5:00 5:00??
    Hi-Octane 2:00 to 3:00 7:00 7:00 5:00??
    IYW 2:00 3:00 4:00 5:00??
    Juice Face 12:00 12:00 12:00 12:00??
    Mellow Mud 2:30 7:00 7:00 9:00??
    Metal Distortion 4:00 10:30 7:00 5:00??
    Modulated Mud Fuzz 12:00 11:00 5:00 7:00??
    Modulated Sticky 12:00 1:00 5:00 7:00??
    Modulated Sticky Fuzz 9:00 3:00 9:00 3:00??
    Muse-esque 2:30 3:15 5:00 5:00??
    No-Name Fuzz 1:00 11:00 2:00 7:00??
    No-Name Fuzz 10:00 7:00 12:00 5:00??
    OD / Fuzz 7:00 7:00 7:00 5:00??
    OD Squeal 7:00 12:00 3:00 3:00??
    Pitch Drop 7:00 12:00 5:00 7:00??
    Please Fuzz 12:00 7:00 3:00 2:00??
    Punky 2:30 - 3:30 7:00 7:00 5:00??
    Random Fuzz 1:30 7:00 5:00 4:00 (approx)??
    Resonant Fuzz 7:00 7:00 12:00 4:00??
    Smashing Pumpkins-esque 2:00 9:00 5:00 10:00??
    Soft Fuzz 1:00 7:00 7:00 Variable??
    Spastic Muff 5:00 7:00 5:00 5:00??
    Squaler 9:00 9:00 9:00 9:00??
    Squealer Fuzz (2) 7:00 8:00 1:00 7:00??
    Static / Low 12:00 12:00 5:00 7:00??
    Stooges Fuzz 3:00 7:00 3:00 5:00??
    Super-Heavy 3:00 9:00 5:00 5:00??
    Sweet Sustain 1:00 7:00 10:00 1:30??
    Traditional Fuzz 9:00 7:00 11:00 to 1:00 11:00 to 1:00??
    Traditional Fuzz (1) 9:00 7:00 1:00 5:00??
    Traditional Fuzz (2) 2:00 7:00 3:00 5:00??
    Velcro 7:00 5:00 5:00 2:00??
    Weezer-esque 2:30 7:00 7:00 5:00??
    Whale 7:00 1:00 5:00 9:00??
    What the Fuzz? 7:00 7:00 5:00 5:00

The guy from Muse has one built into his guitar.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Picked this up a couple weeks ago and can't stop playing it:

If anybody is on the market for as a cheap bass, I can't recommend this enough - P/J pickups with active bass boost knob, nice neck and cool finish. More importantly, it's just fun to play. The variety of tones is pretty impressive too. Kind of shocked what you can get for $200 these days, I couldn't find anything used that compared.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/JagBsVM3TS/

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

1967 Ampeg B15

1968 Gibson - EB2

1975 Gibson - Ripper

1972 Fender - Mustang

1975 Fender - Musicmaster

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    damn pieper!!! you are set up!!!!

just got this back from being set up properly:

caught these at the thrifts a couple months ago:

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts