Let's make a digi Soulstrut Battle Record

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited November 2012 in Strut Central
Everyone submit a scratch sound, or youtube clip or whatever you want. I'll mix and master everything and put it up as a 24 bit wav. what do you think?

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I made an entire scratch sentence out of clips from Spaceballs. It's like 6 minutes long, though. I can pare that down and submit the best parts.

• Ha ha. As a youngster, I seriously contemplated making my own battle record. It was the height of ISP and I was all amped to get all these other "fresh" sound bites. Always wanted to use the Ab Rude "fresh" from Aceyalone's first album.

I have this sound bite from a skate video that my friends and I made when we were in middle school. We were skating at Safeway and one of the workers came up and softly mumbles " you guys can't skate here" over and over. Then this 80 year old man comes out of nowhere and says " the manager told you kids to get out of here. If it were up to me, I'd take their goddamn skateboards." my friend says "goddamn us all." the old man becomes hilariously enraged and grits his teeth and says "come on smart kid...I'll knock your fuckin ass off." if I can manage to find it and record it, I'll submit that last line. He says it in a really awesome way.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    Ha ha. As a youngster, I seriously contemplated making my own battle record. It was the height of ISP and I was all amped to get all these other "fresh" sound bites. Always wanted to use the Ab Rude "fresh" from Aceyalone's first album.

I have this sound bite from a skate video that my friends and I made when we were in middle school. We were skating at Safeway and one of the workers came up and softly mumbles " you guys can't skate here" over and over. Then this 80 year old man comes out of nowhere and says " the manager told you kids to get out of here. If it were up to me, I'd take their goddamn skateboards." my friend says "goddamn us all." the old man becomes hilariously enraged and grits his teeth and says "come on smart kid...I'll knock your fuckin ass off." if I can manage to find it and record it, I'll submit that last line. He says it in a really awesome way.
    That's what I'm talking about!!!
    i want this on there:

• Possum Tom said:
    Everyone submit a scratch sound, or youtube clip or whatever you want. I'll mix and master everything and put it up as a 24 bit wav. what do you think?

YES

• id like to submit:

'come on homegirl' from Heart's "Magic Man" and 'somebody brought a cougar to the party and it tore the place apart' from Ghostbusters. or just ALL of ghostbusters.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Alright then. People can PM me links and I'll get it going. Try to use the highest quality you can.

• I realize you are probably looking for shorter segments and such, but here is a bunch of random bits from advertising and spoken word lp's I had laying around. Feel free to use whatever. I can get you a wav of certain parts if need be. The 2nd half has no musical background.

Advertising/spoken word randomness