Jimmie Walker on WTF

ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts
edited November 2012 in Strut Central
Haven't had a chance to listen yet, but Maron interviewed Jimmie Walker. This should be interesting...

http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episodes/episode_327_-_jimmy_walker

Comments

• Incidentally, I was messing around on Youtube earlier this week and found this 1978 clip of Jimmie Walker on The Dating Game. His segment starts around 9:18, with a brief little plug at the beginning.

• it was one of the better episodes of his 300+. I love Marc Maron though he's full of insight, his interview with Henry Rollins was really dope.

• Back in the day when I was a Chauffeur in PDX, Jimmy Walker was hands down the most down to earth guy I ever had the pleasure of driving. He was in town to MC the Blazer Slam & Jam event and he showed up in sweats with a army duffel bag. He asked me to hit some stores so he could get some essentials (toiletries, etc.) and off to the hotel. He is one of the few that bothered to talk to me like a human being instead of just another part of the limo I was driving.

• Anytime I see Jimmy Walker I remember that line from Eddie Murphy's Delirious...." I figure if Jimmy Walker can fuck then I'm fuckin everything!"

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts
    Seriously enlightening interview... highly recommended. Finally, someone to bridge the gap between the Panthers and Letterman.

RecordBeast said:
    it was one of the better episodes of his 300+. I love Marc Maron though he's full of insight, his interview with Henry Rollins was really dope.

Henry Rollins is way too intense a dude for me, but I'll check it out!

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    ketan said:
    Seriously enlightening interview... highly recommended. Finally, someone to bridge the gap between the Panthers and Letterman.

Agreed. That was one of the most unique history lessons in comedy that I've heard. His story about Wilson Pickett criticizing his 'comedy shit' was amazing...

• Essential listening.

• very entertaining, thanks for posting.