mpc MIDI question...

Skip DrinkwaterSkip Drinkwater 1,694 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
the mpc has two MIDI outs, and two MIDI in cables. does that mean a single MIDI to MIDI male won't work, and that i need dual MIDI's? also, for software to trigger tne mpc, do the MIDI cables in the mpc go "in" or "out"? many thanks

Comments

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    MIDI cables aren't male/female. I haven't looked at the back of an MPC in years, but the 2 MIDI ports are probably for multiple input/output. MIDI Bank 1 and MIDI Bank 2, for example.

The MIDI IN port is used when you're slaving the MPC from another time clock.
    The MIDI OUT port is when you're using the MPC as a master and slaving another device off the MPCs time clock.

If you're using software to trigger the MPC, you need to send the MIDI Out from your software device to the MIDI In on your MPC. There's probably some global setting you'll need to adjust, such as MIDI channels, etc.

• MIDI cables aren't male/female. I haven't looked at the back of an MPC in years, but the 2 MIDI ports are probably for multiple input/output. MIDI Bank 1 and MIDI Bank 2, for example.

The MIDI IN port is used when you're slaving the MPC from another time clock.
    The MIDI OUT port is when you're using the MPC as a master and slaving another device off the MPCs time clock.

If you're using software to trigger the MPC, you need to send the MIDI Out from your software device to the MIDI In on your MPC. There's probably some global setting you'll need to adjust, such as MIDI channels, etc.
    thanks a lot dude. if anyone knows about any MIDI global settings on the mpc that bambouche mentioned, please holler. manythanks

• if anyone knows about any MIDI global settings on the mpc that bambouche mentioned, please holler. manythanks
    anyone??

• if anyone knows about any MIDI global settings on the mpc that bambouche mentioned, please holler. manythanks
    anyone??

These dudes might be able to help

just make sure and search the forums before posting a question - they give serious flack for dudes who ask the same questions over and over and over and over and over and over.

and over.