Sandy

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited October 2012 in Strut Central
Be safe everyone!

Comments

• The media is recommending to use everything that is in the freezer.

• oh shit. forgot about the freezer! i got some goodies up there

besides that, ot super worried (knock on wood). just parged up my basements last week and i borrowed a chainsaw in case biker gangs or the undead try to get cute

be safe folks!

• [del]The media[/del] COSTCO is recommending to use everything that is in the freezer.

fixed

• I had a mini crisis when the first three stores I went to were sold out of D batteries for the portable. I later found some at Walgreens.

"D Mutha Fucka I said D"

• haha. i know right. my portables are ready for the apocalypse.

i was finishing my parging and went to home depot to get sand for mortar but they had sold out of every bag. people were scrambling around buying playbox sand

• tripledouble said:
    haha. i know right. my portables are ready for the apocalypse.

i was finishing my parging and went to home depot to get sand for mortar but they had sold out of every bag. people were scrambling around buying playbox sand

I don't wanna survive without music and booze, both are in ample supply. Plus some firewood. Having a 2 year old takes much of the fun out of not having power though.

Also, playbox sand seems like a terrible idea, way too thick of a grain. That's like. "I couldn't find plywood so I got this here cardboard."

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    i work one on one with some folks in NYC and my company just sent over 100 techs home working for the next 3 days in brooklyn/bronx/queens and manhattan, they have done the same for most of our techs in Boston and most of New England...people here (in Nova Scotia) are being warning to have at least 72 hrs of supplies prepared, as they are expecting us to be without power for at least that long...

havent heard from friends in Virginia yet...

be safe everyone..

• As I said in my thread, be safe everyone. Sandy is evidently tearing up Atlantic City (some of the boardwalk is gone) and there is flooding. AC isn't even in the direct path.

• I'm glad for the extended weekend and hope damage is minimal. Watching tv now, but got the board games and playing cards all set up in case the power goes out.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Hold Tight, Be Alright.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Raj (and everyone),

Wifey and I are all hunkered down for the storm. We have food, water, booze, and music in abundance. We're just taking the time to mellow out and enjoy each other's company. I pray safety for each and every one of you. It's all love here!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Look after yourselves, people, and remember - it's only the Illuminati putting the frighteners on you.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    All my east coast fams stay cool.

• VA Reporting in here: Stocked up on Friday with batteries, bottled water, canned goods, flashlights, cat and dog food and baby wipes. In fact, we threw our dog outside to drop a deuce this afternoon, needless to say she wasn't too enthused. If our power goes out we will be ready. I just pray that there is no flooding here. Sandy's expected to dip back inland around 8pm for us with new muscles, or shall I say, more strength with winds in excess of 80 mph winds. Last night we had 50 mph winds and the wife and I couldn't sleep but the kiddos slept like Rip Van Winkle. We've been through a few hurricanes in the past (Georges hit us while I was stationed in GTMO Cuba) so I think we should be fine for this time, I'm more worried about the New England states.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    I was supposed to come out to NY for halloween and WFMU but I guess that's not happening now!

Hope everyone is safe.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Our power just went out. At leasr, we have flashlights, candles, a radio, and cellphones. It's time to pour some liquor.

Peace

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Power is out here in Eastern Pa... Smoke em if you got em!

• multiple power outages in Toronto for me.

good thing i stockpiled guiness... it's even better warm.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    My baby brother lives in Manhattan. Power's out where he's at. Maybe I'll be a tio next summer!

Best wishes to all my holmeses and holmesettes that live out there.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    multiple power outages in Toronto for me.

One women dead from flying debris.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I felt silly joining the masses buying flashlights and so on, but feel better for having done it. It's me, the cat (who is so weirded out by wind that she tries to attack undulating grass) and my 93 year old house. I need that 20hr led power light!
    Be safe everyone - maybe you'll get to eat all the ice cream out the ice box by candlelight!!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    This looks like some seriously bad schitt.

Ground zero now being flooded

Subways and the Stock Exchange are now underwater too.

East Coast hold your head and please be safe out there.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    ^^ damn thats nuts, getting quite windy around these parts, just got back from taking the dog for a walk, she was pretty well ape shit the whole time...leaves and tigs blowing all over the place...its a balmy 13.2??C here

i been checking these to see any action: http://aws1.earthcam.com/?c=tsrobo3

looks bare on the streets in NYC cept for a few people...

http://www.novascotiawebcams.com/halifax/ferry-terminal.html
    looks like theodore tugboat will be getting his over the next few days...lol

• Pretty much the stuff of my nightmares goin on.
    EAST COAST BE SAFE!

• Shit is pretty crazy. We still have power in Harlem. Wind is nuts. Earlier today there was still the sense that this might blow over.

No flooding where I am at, Flood Zone C. Some of the pics that I have seen of downtown are sickening. I have a friend in the financial district who apparently still has power. My shit is flickering now.

The windows feel like they will burst. I've had a couple small leaks but nothing major. 5th floor walk-up, old building.

Here's the shop as of 8 pm last night:

hope it is enough!

• Big_Stacks said:
    Hey Raj (and everyone),

Wifey and I are all hunkered down for the storm. We have food, water, booze, and music in abundance. We're just taking the time to mellow out and enjoy each other's company. I pray safety for each and every one of you. It's all love here!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

? I always thought Kakalak was slang for California. Where are you at? If west coast, then why are you hunkering down?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Kakalak = North Carolina. But that's where Stacks is from originally. I believe he's out in NJ these days.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,101 Posts
    DOR said:
    vintageinfants said:
    multiple power outages in Toronto for me.

One women dead from flying debris.

our power has flickered 3 times tonight. i moved the car from under a big old tree as a precaution.

happy to be working from home tomorrow. hope everyone stays safe.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,101 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:

Here's the shop as of 8 pm last night:

hope it is enough!

good luck!

• aromiaromi 20 Posts
    Jonny,

Just copped a couple of disco goodies from your wonderful store on Saturday. Best of wishes to you and everyone else from Helsinki - I managed to catch my flight back here just when they started to cancel the departures.