The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited October 2012 in Strut Central
The winner of the Scorpioff is:

kaster1202!

Here is who did what below:

1) evolveone-Soul Slut Scorpio Bitch

2) Grandfather-Scrapio

3) Possum Tom-Dennis Cappuccino

4) StoneHands-But Don't Call Me That Either. Call Me Hank.

5) DJ_Enki-Last Week of October

6) Meep-November

7) EkiM-Rounds

8) kaster1202-Slow-Down-Scorpio!!

9) upskiboo-Coffey Plays Can

10) cove-Score Peon

Thanks to everyone for participating! Let's make sure the next one is as healthy and continues to impress!
Peace
T.N.

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Congrats, kaster! Great job.

And I'm still amazed at what you did, upskiboo.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    upskiboo killed it!

• who is kaster? come take a bow...

• Awesome stuff dudes

• amazing work all around!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Seems like not near as many votes were cast.

• I have been so busy lately that I didn't even have proper time to listen / vote. Damn!

• Hi !!
    Thank you for voting my track as the winner!!!! Im very surprised!!!
    Scorpio was a lot fun to play with -and I would never have tried messing with such a classic if it wasnt for the beatoff!!!
    -I just went along with where the chopping, cutting and pasting took me, and maybe it came out as a bit of a mess in terms of a build up with A and B parts and so on.....
    A lot of the tracks was done with a lot better mixing than mine was -and I was surprised (but also a bit proud) to see that the votes was concentrated around my short messed up little piece....
    I not a very active soulstrutter (sorry) so I dont see myself having the right to rule what the next track is gonna be.
    I am gonna go with the votes on that. - So I guess that will be the DEODATOFF ?

Kaster1202

P.S
    when ever I got time I am writing a little blog about records - feel free to check out : dontfakethebreaks.blogspot.com

• Hi !!
    Thank you for voting my track as the winner!!!! Im very surprised!!!
    Scorpio was a lot fun to play with -and I would never have tried messing with such a classic if it wasnt for the beatoff!!!
    -I just went along with where the chopping, cutting and pasting took me, and maybe it came out as a bit of a mess in terms of a build up with A and B parts and so on.....
    A lot of the tracks was done with a lot better mixing than mine was -and I was surprised (but also a bit proud) to see that the votes was concentrated around my short messed up little piece....
    I not a very active soulstrutter (sorry) so I dont see myself having the right to rule what the next track is gonna be.
    I am gonna go with the votes on that. - So I guess that will be the DEODATOFF ?

Kaster1202

P.S
    when ever I got time I am writing a little blog about records - feel free to check out : dontfakethebreaks.blogspot.com

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    I'm partial to "But Don't Call Me That Either. Call Me Hank." for sound and best title. Congrats, kaster!

• How about this idea for the grand scheme? There are 10 beatoffs using only one song. After the ten winners, there's a mega beatoff where you can use all 10 original tracks to make a song. Then, if Thes is still willing, there is a comp with 10 winners and the winner from the mega beatoff.

The initial 10 show how creative you can get with just one song. The mega beatoff kind of flips things around. I think it will give people a chance to express themselves in their own voice more.

I think it has great potential.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    How about this idea for the grand scheme? There are 10 beatoffs using only one song. After the ten winners, there's a mega beatoff where you can use all 10 original tracks to make a song. Then, if Thes is still willing, there is a comp with 10 winners and the winner from the mega beatoff.

The initial 10 show how creative you can get with just one song. The mega beatoff kind of flips things around. I think it will give people a chance to express themselves in their own voice more.

This is a sexcellent idea!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    How about this idea for the grand scheme? There are 10 beatoffs using only one song. After the ten winners, there's a mega beatoff where you can use all 10 original tracks to make a song. Then, if Thes is still willing, there is a comp with 10 winners and the winner from the mega beatoff.

That's a lot of beating off. I'm not 14 anymore!

(What? Somebody had to make that joke.)

Just to show how talented this cat is, he initially had this version up which I thought was EVEN BETTER:

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Thanks and congrats to all entrants, The_Non for organizing and kaster1202 for winning it!

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    jammy said:
    upskiboo killed it!

Damn... Can't believe he didn't take this thing out!

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    Kinetic said:
    jammy said:
    upskiboo killed it!

thanks a lot, glad couple of u guys dug my joint, fun to actually get to do a cover version of something, a first for me, and a huge big up to king kaster, nastyness on the chopping of scorpio, also to meep, still buggled over how the hell he could create that rhodes or keys sound, must be some next level plug in effects wow, in fact, all tracks here are bangers, so big up everybody who chimed in, peace!

• MeepMeep 320 Posts
    upskiboo said:
    Kinetic said:
    jammy said:
    upskiboo killed it!

thanks a lot, glad couple of u guys dug my joint, fun to actually get to do a cover version of something, a first for me, and a huge big up to king kaster, nastyness on the chopping of scorpio, also to meep, still buggled over how the hell he could create that rhodes or keys sound, must be some next level plug in effects wow, in fact, all tracks here are bangers, so big up everybody who chimed in, peace!

Thanks man, I looped up the end of a tom hit and added some tremelo and amp FX for the rhodes-like sound. This challenge was fun to play around with - some great entries from everybody, from Upskiboo's conceptual awesomeness to EkiM's ridiculous drum processing there was a lot to choose from (and a clear winner!). See you dudes at the Deodatoff!

• if we're pitching ideas for the next you could do an entire album as source material vs. one song.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Two fellow Copenhagen strutters in the top 3, awesome! Three solid entries, could have voted for any of them. I ended up voting for "Coffey Plays Can", not knowing it was you, upski (although I had a suspicion). Congrats to kaster, I knew you did beats, but this is the first time I've actually heard your music. Looking forward to hearing more. I've heard you've got some heat. Hope you're going to post a little more in the future.

Meep said:
    I looped up the end of a tom hit and added some tremelo and amp FX for the rhodes-like sound.

I was wondering about that too. Good job, sir.

Mega beatoff sounds like a cool idea.

Danish dominance!
    Come on Amurica!
    I'mma post about Deodatoff momentarily.