MLB 20DOZEN COUSIN

vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
edited April 2012 in Strut Central
my beejers are looking the most promising since 92-93 (unfair comparison) and just wrapped up one of te most exciting season openers against the tribe. walk-off 3-run dinger in the 16th inning? come on. starter goes 6 and we still used all 7 arms in te bullpen? come on. ive got high hopes for this young squad and i can't wait to get in the face of yanks and pinksox fans about it.

step to the plate and rep your set.

Comments

• unityunity 179 Posts
    TIGERS. They look good. Except they couldn't really hit anything with men on base. And Valverde blew a save on the first game of the season after going 51 without blowing any (ayo?). But Prince, I like that dude. Always was a fan of his dad. #setrepped

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Rangers trying to get to the WS for the third year in a row. Yu Darvish wins the Cy Young and ROY.

Blue Jays finish 2nd ahead of the Red Sox & Yanks....Rays win the East

Mets lose 101 games.

Diamondbacks take the NL

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    A's will score more runs than the Giants.

yeah that (will have) just happened.

but my GIants will still contend. our pitching is intact and we stepped up (a little) offensively.

I'm glad to have beisbol back.

it was a cold winter.

• brandon morrow finds his slider again and wins 22 games, gets his no-no and breaks the MLB record for most strike outs in a game.

opening day on Friday was amazing. literally pissing rain in the AM; sun comes out around 10; I ditch work early and walk down to the yard; buy 2 tix for 100 bones; Cain blanks the Piratas, a complete game shutout, 106 pitches, his 3rd 1-hitter of his career.

Monday I watched Timmy cough another one up, earning 4 runs before we even got to our seats; he pulled himself together but it was too late; Phils beat us 5-1 I think? I was pretty drunk by the end of that game; scuffled with some Phils dudes at the bar after but no one injured.

last night was a historical pitching duel. I saw cain pitch another shutout, this time giving up 2 hits. he exited after 9 innings having thrown only 91 pitches; cliff lee lasted one more inning, throwing about a 100 pitches I believe. walk off run in the 11th; gigantes W. hit the homies bar post-game and im hungover now.

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    I LOVE THIS FUCKING TEAM

H

O

L

Y

S

H

I

T

!

!

!

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    Pretty close to best ever...Don Larsen may have something to say about that though...Not only was it a World Series game, but only on batter got to a 3 ball count. Amazing.

14 Ks though. And really, as a Giants fan, this game had lots of other pluses: the insane run production (for an anemic hitting team , particularly in the HR dept) and amazing defense (for a team that led the league in Es a couple months back). Amazing confluence of circumstances.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    14 Ks though. And really, as a Giants fan, this game had lots of other pluses: the insane run production (for an anemic hitting team , particularly in the HR dept) and amazing defense (for a team that led the league in Es a couple months back). Amazing confluence of circumstances.

Especially big game since it appears Timmy has lost his mojo....at least so far this year.

Rockadelic said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

Especially big game since it appears Timmy has lost his mojo....at least so far this year.

Cain is the real lynchpin of th rotation. Timmy had some great stuff at one point, but I don't think anyone really ever viewed him as a guy we could build around long-term. I was way more anxious to lock Cain down than I was about Timmy's contract. But yeah, it's been sad to watch Timmy's decline. If he can work out the kinks mechanically he'll still have a nasty changeup, but his fastball will never be what it was I don't think.

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    and amazing defense (for a team that led the league in Es a couple months back). Amazing confluence of circumstances.

Yeah, Cain better have bought Blanco a steak dinner last night. And wine. And hookers.

Rerog said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    and amazing defense (for a team that led the league in Es a couple months back). Amazing confluence of circumstances.

Yeah, Cain better have bought Blanco a steak dinner last night. And wine. And hookers.

Cain owes that guy a pabell??n criollo dinner.

and hookers.

• SAY WHAT NOW CRIOLLO

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    my phillies are definitely struggling through injuries, depleted farm systems and old age (and no middle relief) this year, but it is a joy to behold the spray hitting wonder of Carlos "chooch" Ruiz. he used to be just a great defensive catcher, very blue collar. constantly improving, and now leading the majors in hitting! i hope he can keep it up and make a solid run at the batting title

he's making the 6th grade stat nerd in me resurrect from my inner grave.

• With the Dodgers' loss today, the Giants' magic number just reached 6. With one game left for the Dodgers tonight (part 2 of a double header) and a game for us tonight as well, this could change rather significantly before the night's over. Nonetheless we are feeling pretty good here in SF.

• I can't believe we're in mid-Sept and this thread is only on the first page!

Euroman strut domination revealed.

• the blueser jays lost every pitcher in the starting rotation to injury as well as the leagues previous home run champ and our most promising rookie.

I DONT WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT OKAY?

• this is "us".

• YES ROMO.

• now that we're in the thick of one of the best first rounds in decades, can there even be an argument against the addition of the extra wild cards and series at this point?

• Watch Hanigan's reaction. Absolutely priceless.

• THIS lil guy:

MVP.

• rootlesscosmo said:
    THIS lil guy:

MVP.

db_COOPs and i were just talking about how he slipped through the grasp of both the jays AND the bosox on his way to NLCS mvp. "mr. doesn't fit" sure seems to be working out for the gigantes.

• and now...... HOW is it possible that san fran goes from one of my most HATED team [barry bonds era] to my FAVORITE team outside of my local. this band of fearless freaks has been the most exciting team to watch for about 4 years running now.

• you know, it's funny. Having grown up here I have never not been a Giants fan. And I happen to be a Bonds fan (more so than MANY of my fellow SF people).

But what you say is really true; there is a definite feeling among many Giants fans (new and old) that the last few seasons have kind of "wiped clean" the stain of the Bonds era. And it's brought lots of non-Giants fans into the fold.

(I think it's a little unfair that the Giants should essentially personify what was a league-wide phenomenon, but that's another discussion).

• vintageinfants said:

THIS shit by the way.

he hits the ball 3 times!

I've never seen that.

resulted in a 3 RBI double, too.

• rootlesscosmo said:
    vintageinfants said:

THIS shit by the way.

he hits the ball 3 times!

I've never seen that.

resulted in a 3 RBI double, too.

and a batting average of 3000.